Had been having an intermittent display of the “Anti Skid Service Required” warning on the ’05 black V70R. This then became a permanent feature and forced me to look into the issue.

iCarsoft diagnostic tool came into its own when it read the DTC for the ABS/BCM as “Yaw Rate Sensor – Faulty Signal”. (Faults 1/1)

Having the luxury of being able to “rob” the Yaw Sensor out of the ’04 silver V70R, fitting it to the black car has cured the issue. I now have a replacement sensor on order for the silver boy – Part Number for those interested is 8688070/8688071.

I was fairly sure that the issue wasn't cracked reluctor rings. I had that problem with the T5 which manifested itself by bringing on the ABS Warning Light. I do not work for iCarsoft nor do I have shares in the company but the simple to use tool saved me inspecting/cleaning reluctor rings (cracked or otherwise) or checking the tightness of driveshaft bolts. The outcome is certainly going to be more expensive than tightening up a bolt or even replacing a reluctor ring but it's saved me a s**t load of diagnostic time.