Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

S60 D5 305 brake upgrade

So the discs and pads need doing so I thought why not upgrade them at the same time.

I have the 286 discs currently, and from reading around it seems I only need to get the 305 carriers, along with the larger discs obviously.

I was just wondering if anything else is required, like larger dust shields to accommodate the bigger discs?

Also I've read conflicting information regarding needing new hoses, and can anyone confirm that, as well as whether this setup won't foul on the Tethys alloys.

Thanks in advance

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    Why not go for 336s from an xc90? Very easy to fit and they fit under17s, make a massive difference and cheap to buy.

Just need to drill 14mm clearance hole in hubs.

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Have a read of the upgrade I did on mine...went from 286mm to 305mm to XC90 336mm

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...ght=xc90+336mm

This user has no status

Thanks
    As impressive as that xc90 setup is, it's probably overkill for my needs lol.

Plus the price difference between going to 305 vs 336, well I could put that money towards renovating the original 180k suspension lol.

Swollen Member
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edde View Post
    As impressive as that xc90 setup is, it's probably overkill for my needs lol.

Plus the price difference between going to 305 vs 336, well I could put that money towards renovating the original 180k suspension lol.
    Totally understandable... even though it's considered a budget upgrade, the overall cost still isn't pocket money.

Quote Originally Posted by edde View Post

I was just wondering if anything else is required, like larger dust shields to accommodate the bigger discs?

Also I've read conflicting information regarding needing new hoses, and can anyone confirm that, as well as whether this setup won't foul on the Tethys alloys.

Thanks in advance
    The standard dust shields are fine as are the standard brake hoses. The 305mm setup will fit under Tethys without any issue whatsover.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for the confirmation, as well as putting bad ideas in my head lol.

As much as I love the car, I can't let myself get in too deep beyond required maintenance and repair, along with a little improvement here and there.

Now if she were a t5 or a slightly younger estate model I might be tempted to go that bit further, however I'm just trying to keep her going for now lol.

Thread Information