Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Turbo oil inlet feed pipe 99 C70

Hi all,

I need to change my turbo oil inlet feed pipe. I bought a new one, with banjo bolts and copper seals, thought it would be an easy change. Not! I have the front raised up on jack stands and it looks like I might need to remove the intermediate shaft? Anyone changed this pipe before or have an easier way "without taking the engine out lol".
    2 reasons I'm changing it, replacing turbo and kinda bent the old one, not bad, but enough for my OCD to kick in lol.

Thanks,

Brian
    Last edited by Spawned66; Sunday 2nd October 2016 at 16:19.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    So everyone that has changed a turbo on here has never changed the oil inlet pipe? Cmon, just looking for some tips.
    Thanks

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    never had a problem with any of the ones I've done, but I've always had custom braided ones made.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    never had a problem with any of the ones I've done, but I've always had custom braided ones made.
    Thanks for replying. What I was really asking is what's the best way to get at the banjo bolt on the block? I already have a new Volvo pipe, just couldn't get my hand in from underneath to reach up to feel the bolt.

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    Just normal sockets or spanners to undo, not need anything special to remove or would have made a special tool, didn't need to remove anything else as far as I remember. ....ring spanner springs to mind to remove block end banjo and socket turbo end....both are different sizes as I remember

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

If in doubt thrash it and see
    what happens
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoleT-5R View Post
    Just normal sockets or spanners to undo, not need anything special to remove or would have made a special tool, didn't need to remove anything else as far as I remember. ....ring spanner springs to mind to remove block end banjo and socket turbo end....both are different sizes as I remember
    Any good suggestions guys as to best place to get feed and return pipes? Cant see them on the after market, but dont want to pay Volvo prices for a liitle bit of pipe. If i do so be it. Sprry for the thread hijack, and mine is an old 850 too! Cheers woz

what happens
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Hi claymore, if you can remember, where did you go get the braided oil pipes made up? Cheers woz

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Any good suggestions guys as to best place to get feed and return pipes? Cant see them on the after market, but dont want to pay Volvo prices for a liitle bit of pipe. If i do so be it. Sprry for the thread hijack, and mine is an old 850 too! Cheers woz
    My god, I forgot I wrote this post. Think I even cried a bit that day, I worked on jets easier than this job lol.
    I just bought a new 1 from FRF Volvo, with the discount, don’t remember being too expensive, I was more shocked at the price of each turbo bolt to the manifold cost.
    If your going the route of getting a braided pipe made, just make sure the ID is correct size, it does flow a lot of oil through it.

Good luck and have fun.
    Brian

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Spawned66 For This Useful Post:

woz (Monday 1st October 2018)

what happens
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawned66 View Post
    My god, I forgot I wrote this post. ...Good luck and have fun.
    Brian
    Thanks bud.
    W:>)

Thread Information