Join Today

Thread: Few questions.

This user has no status

Thanks

Few questions.

As some may know my C70 GT Cab is dead, and yea a full engine rebuild is not only going to be expensive but very time consuming, so I've been looking at others, a nice C70 T5 has popped up on eBay. How easy is it to add my GT parts onto a none GT C70? I.e radio, centre speakers, suspension etc??

attached is my current C70, I'm absolutely gutted.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 0
Size:  723.3 KBIs what I'm deciding against theirs a few others too.

Now in an Audi...to allow more
    time for my 850s lol
    Thanks
    It'll be a ££££e load easier to switch the engine out of the non GT into yours than faf about with bits of trim etc... Plus the GT will always be more desirable come resale. Get in touch with someone like Tim Williams or Shem & get a quote for the mechanical change over from donor car to yours.

Sell the other odds & sods off the donor to recoup some costs.

Obviously - and this shouldn't really need to be said, but will just in case - make sure the donor has a bullet proof engine, ie low mileage, fsh & drive it with plenty of right foot listening for nasty noises & looking for smoke on the test drive, then after check for dripping oil etc.... If all else fails invest in a mechanic to come with you to check it out on the test drive. Money well spent imho.

Just my two penneth worth. Good luck, cheers, morgan

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply Morgan, as you can see this is why I am so reluctant to actually sell mine for partrs or even get rid. She's been a great car never cost me anything major other than tyres and the usual maintainace. it's my own stupid fault! My oil light came
    on my way back from Peterlee and I ignored it! I'm absolutely gutted! As mine is a great example of a C70 Cab.

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Do you know the reason for the failure/light coming on fella....by the time the light comes on you'd be lucky to save it anyway, even if you acted immediately....which sometimes isn't possible esp in the frozen wastes of Peterlee

Thread Information