Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

And the second fault - heating problems

Well when I bought it the air conditioning was fantastic and very cold, with the climate control working correctly.

Today I noticed that the car was getting a touch warm, so turned doe the temperature. All that did was increase the speed of the fan. there is no air coming out of any of the vents.

I have tried manual, defrost etc and nothing. It is clear that the air conditioning etc is working but the vents are not working as intended.

Any ideas!!

Help!!!!!!

thanks
    S60 D5, 2002
    BMW 545i touring

This user has no status

Thanks

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by htomi View Post
    Spot on find there Htomi

Save others reading the thread, you need to replace the 'Evaporator Temp Sensor'.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    thanks

So my logic assumed that if the condenser was freezing up and this was stopping the air con working there would be 2 signs to confirm this.

1. A puddle underneath the car. correct I noticed this last night.

2. the air conditioning would be working this morning. And it is.

it also explains why the air conditioning is so cold.

The part is ordered and I suspect the fitting will be fun. for the price of the car I am determined to do as much of the firing as possible.

Checked the mpg yesterday 41.71. happy with that as it included 4 hours at 85-90 yesterday and lots of town driving
    S60 D5, 2002
    BMW 545i touring

This user has no status

Thanks
    Good Luck with repair!
    Combined, 41.71 mpg is very good. I wish I would have the same

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by htomi View Post
    Good Luck with repair!
    Combined, 41.71 mpg is very good. I wish I would have the same

yes my V70R struggled to get over 20mpg!

I now have a 545 touring that is worse than the R. And not as much fun.. I had a busy day a few weeks back in the 545. Ended up filling up twice in the same day, from the same garage with the same attendant working a single 8 hour shift!
    S60 D5, 2002
    BMW 545i touring

This user has no status

Thanks
    The best I could get out from the R was 31.38 MPG, but was driving like a grandma.

This user has no status

Thanks
    And that is all fixed for £22.99, inc solder.

Thank all
    S60 D5, 2002
    BMW 545i touring

Thread Information