Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

First fault found- rear passenger door will not lock or unlock with central locking

Morning

So a few days into ownership of the S60 I have discovered its first fault.

The rear passenger door lock does not work. I have managed to lock it y pushing the know down but will not unlock.

Before I start taking off the door panel to have a look, any pointers etc

thanks
    S60 D5, 2002
    BMW 545i touring

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauld View Post
    Morning

So a few days into ownership of the S60 I have discovered its first fault.

The rear passenger door lock does not work. I have managed to lock it y pushing the know down but will not unlock.

Before I start taking off the door panel to have a look, any pointers etc

thanks
    Sometimes the door lock button gets stuck on the door card. try a drop of WD40 on the button and see if that helps.
    One of my rear doors sometimes sticks. If i push the dark card slightly, it moves freely and the door unlocks ok.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Mine randomly started doing this yesterday, but my window didn't work either and I was getting a passenger door open message constantly.

Turned out a plug to the door module had come out.....
    2001 S60 T5

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Sometimes the door lock button gets stuck on the door card. try a drop of WD40 on the button and see if that helps.
    One of my rear doors sometimes sticks. If i push the dark card slightly, it moves freely and the door unlocks ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    Mine randomly started doing this yesterday, but my window didn't work either and I was getting a passenger door open message constantly.

Turned out a plug to the door module had come out.....
    There you go Pauld. try my suggestion first, as you wont need to remove door card. Then try Bones's suggestion.
    If neither of these work then you more than likely have a fault with the DDM (Drivers Door Module).
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    i then it is getting stuck, as I noticed today that it did actually lock with the central locking, it just took a few minutes to actually work!

thanks
    S60 D5, 2002
    BMW 545i touring

Thread Information