Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Minor Temp problems 850R Help?

I had a minor problem in that the lights flash for around 15 seconds ran a Volvo tester on it showed an abs sensor fault but nothing on climate control. My car ALWAYS had the temp gauge at around 4.00pm nicely under quarter past the hour so to speak. I replaced the thermostat and the Temp sensor no difference except...It seems to get to temperature very quickly now and settles at 10 past..which just looks a little high..The fans cut in the Air Con works...it just LOOKS a little high could it be the wrong sensor...
    As an aside I had it listed on Ebay recently..ran short of money that kind of thing....1st my Son announced that he needed to borrow it.. removed it, then My Wife needed to collect a Dinghy from Brighton, removed it again and finally last week with 28 minutes to go...( it hadn't reached its reserve ) Ebay removed it as I had said that if you want to use Paypal then you'd have to pay the fees...They then automatically listed it again!
    Then I get some Herbert messaging me..Chris actually saying its been listed 4 times now it must be a right duffer!!!
    I think its trying to tell me something don't you??

Meh.....
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Don't sell. If you've changed the thermostat then it might behave differently when building temp. My pre me7 v70r was a different car when I changed the temp sensor & thermostat. Better on fuel.
    It's a lovely car!
    Keep an eye on your fluids as per the rules & it will be fine.
    missing being Swedish

Previously:
    03 S40 Sport Lux 1.9d SOLD
    1998 MTE Stage 2 V70 T5 Manual SOLD
    1998 V70R AWD Manual BROKEN

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    The needle on all my volvos has always sat at the 3 'o' clock position (or just slightly higher), 4 o clock sounds a little low?
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Yeah, 3 o'clock on ours too, It sounds like your previous thermostat had given up, so the engine always ran cool, now you've replaced it, it's getting up to temperature in the time it should. As long as it's not going higher, and as you say the fan kicks in, there shouldn't be a problem.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Changed the stat on ours and immediately made a vast difference, they should sit a touch higher than 3 o'clock

Thread Information