Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Cool v70 2.0d chugging

hi driving down motorway with caravan on back and it started chugging ,like it wasn't getting enough fuel or something,it did this for a while so dropped down and kept it at 2000 revs in 5th,it seemed to go back to normal,no lights or warnings,no excessive smoke ect any ideas ???? should I worry just to add its a 60 plate with 130 000 miles

This user has no status

Thanks
    Got the same problem with my s40 2.0d at the mo,going to garage tomorrow to try get it sorted,il let you know if they come up with anything

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I have frequently towed with both manual and auto Toyota RAV 4s 2.2 diesels for a local charity I do volunteer driving for. The trailer is as large as a caravan and is 4wheeled and relatively heavy. On the manuals I could never tow in sixth gear unless going down hill as it would start chugging, just not enough revs to produce the power required. The auto never got above 4th gear at any time and we now no longer use it for towing as Toyota has told us the transmission is being damaged.
    I have also towed a caravan with a 3litre Auto Vauxhall Senator which never suffered any of these problems at any speed I assume due to the higher revs of a petrol engine.
    Last edited by hillmangt; Monday 15th August 2016 at 13:44.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks hill.

Thread Information