Views: 0
Size:  1.78 MB
    Name:  VolvoC30-2.jpg
Size:  1.54 MB
    Name:  VolvoC30-3.jpg
Size:  1.60 MB

I was originally looking at getting an Audi A3 1.8L turbo S Tronic and just happen to come across this C30 so I took them both for a test drive and decided that the Audi was complete rubbish when it came to driving it using the paddles as the automatic gear box always took over when ever you put your foot down. It was a very uncomfortable ride as well it did not handle the country road very well you could feel every bump. So I took the C30 for a test drive and instantly loved it. Its comfortable its stylish it is not a common car and it goes like the clappers.
    Any way I am going to turn this car into a very comfortable car with some aesthetic changes.
    First off i am going to replace all the bulbs with leds both inside and out but im not sure weather i want HIDs or leds for my headlights and high beams. I also want to re-apolster the entire car with leather and suede from top to bottom. Get a new stereo with dvd digital tv and dab radio. New high performance speakers and a sub-woffer in the boot where the spare wheel is. Phone controls on the steering wheel. 3 cameras one on the front of the car low down possibly in the grill one on the rear just below the center break light and one on the inside of the car that covers the whole interior. New paint job not sure weather to stay with metallic or go to matte. Still dont know what colour schemes to go with.

So thats my plans for my C30 and ideas you have especially on colour schemes are welcome.

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    C30 is a great platform. I've seen some really nice efforts. Best of luck with your build
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

This user has no status

Thanks
    Nice. Beige/brown suede/leather interior I think with that colour.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Today I bought a few things to get the ball rolling on the build.

So I got a set of new wiper blades
    A very cheap dash cam so I can record my journeys, my terrible singing and maybe for safety. I had to do some creative wire routing. I still need to find a way of routing it through the car without it being seen. The mess of wires annoys me.
    Name:  IMG_0373.JPG
Size:  796.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_0374.JPG
Size:  1.23 MB
    Name:  IMG_0375.JPG
Size:  1.22 MB
    Name:  IMG_0376.JPG
Size:  1.10 MB
    Name:  IMG_0377.JPG
Size:  1.28 MB
    Name:  IMG_0379.JPG
Size:  1.11 MB
    Name:  IMG_0378.JPG
Size:  1.30 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This user has no status

Thanks

update 1.2

New floor mats front and back with the r-design logo on in black a beige to match the interior as it didn’t come with any. I am also looking for a boot mat any ideas?
    Name:  IMG_0370.JPG
Size:  1.46 MBName:  IMG_0372.JPG
Size:  1.70 MBName:  VolvoC30-20.JPG
Size:  1.43 MBName:  VolvoC30-21.JPG
Size:  1.27 MB
    A cheap set of led lights to use as side lights as one of the bulbs blew and to see how they look. The leds are longer than the standard bulbs but they still fit and are canbus enabled so no warning light on the dash however I will get cree leds instead of the cheap ones I have now possibly the twenty20 cree led lights.
    Name:  IMG_0359.JPG
Size:  1.19 MBName:  IMG_0360.JPG
Size:  960.0 KBName:  IMG_0364.JPG
Size:  1.44 MBName:  IMG_0427.JPG
Size:  455.5 KB

This user has no status

Thanks

Update 1.3

I want to put a second chrome exhaust end on the drivers side to make it look like the rear end of a T5. Do you think I should get a double end exhaust or just the chrome tip and fix it in place?
    Name:  VolvoC30-17.JPG
Size:  1.00 MB
    I put a few things in the boot round the spare wheel (love the storage space ) from my last car like my socket set jump cables tow rope and gaffa tape (can’t go anywhere without gaffa tape) and a few other things.
    Name:  VolvoC30-7.JPG
Size:  1.06 MB
    A few issues I have with my C30 first why are the headlights always on why not just the side lights for day time running lights. Can this be turned off or do I have to go to a dealer to get this sorted? The drivers seat lever to move it forwards so people can get into the back of the car is very stiff and feels like it will break at any moment. I have had a starting issue with it where it took a while to fire up. It pulls to the left under breaking any fix? The bumper and the window trim are popping out is there an easy fix for this?
    Name:  IMG_0381.JPG
Size:  829.1 KBName:  IMG_0382.JPG
Size:  1.16 MB
    And to top it all off my sister reversed into my rear offside wheel arch but her car took more damage than the c30 another reason why I love Volvos there built like tanks.
    Name:  IMG_0420.JPG
Size:  1.39 MBName:  VolvoC30-15.JPG
Size:  1.09 MB
    Apart from these the car drives and handles like a dream.
    Im looking for a new stereo with Bluetooth gps and dvd capability any suggestions?
    Im also thinking of getting a fully digital display (rev counter, speedo fuel gauge ect) and integrating IR lights into the front of the car so I can use a front mounted camera to see further in the dark with a display of the road right in front of my eyes. Good idea or bad idea?

This user has no status

Thanks
    A few pictures of the inside of the car.
    Name:  VolvoC30-10.JPG
Size:  1.06 MBName:  VolvoC30-13.JPG
Size:  1.12 MBName:  VolvoC30-14.JPG
Size:  991.9 KBName:  VolvoC30-11.JPG
Size:  1.11 MBName:  VolvoC30-12.JPG
Size:  1,009.2 KBName:  VolvoC30-4.jpg
Size:  1.15 MB

This user has no status

Thanks
    Some ******************************************** has stolen all my tools, jacks and both my air drills so this build will be put on hold for a while till i get them back or have enough money to replace them.

Thread Information