Join Today
    Yes I will be behind you but
    thats for the benefit of your
    health.
    Thanks

Odd boost problem

I am having a problem were I cannot produce more than 24psi even with the actuator disconnected and a lot of tension and the wastegate arm.

Has anyone experienced problems with the td04 wastegate not seating properly? Or any suggestions as to why I can't produce the required pressure.
    854 T5 - The new project.

850 tdi - sorely missed.

health.
    Thanks
    Ok done some more reading and it seems the rod that goes through the housing from the arm to the 'flapper' can wear and cause play, this in turn can lead to the flap not sealing properly.

Here's a nice video of that

I will go and check mine see if it is this but has anyone on here had it happen?

850 tdi - sorely missed.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_r_smith View Post
    Ok done some more reading and it seems the rod that goes through the housing from the arm to the 'flapper' can wear and cause play, this in turn can lead to the flap not sealing properly.

Here's a nice video of that

I will go and check mine see if it is this but has anyone on here had it happen?
    The proper terminology is 'Wastegate'. if that is your turbo in that video then yes, it will leak like a sieve.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

health.
    Thanks
    No not my turbo. There is some play in the shaft on mine but not what I call excessive.

850 tdi - sorely missed.

Thread Information