Just had a weird one with my hazard lights. Car is a MY2001 V70 T5.....

Parked up at Tesco on a very slight upwards incline. Put handbrake on and left it in gear. Switched the ignition off with the wipers half way up the screen (wipers were set to the slow constant speed as I parked). Left the keys in the ignition but ignition off, and wife and kids in the car. When I came back out 5 mins later the hazard lights at the back were flashing (didn't notice if the fronts/sides were flashing but one would assume they all were). So when I got in I turned on the ignition and there was no indication of the hazards being on either prior to or after I turned on the ignition. I then pressed the hazard lights button to check and it activated as normal, so it wasn;t a case of having accidently knocked it on the way out of the car.

Does anyone know if there's a particular set of circumstances that would cause this? I was wondering if - being the way Volvo's are - it's possible they've programmed the ECU to see a situation where the ignition has been turned off for more than a few mins with the wipers left half way up the screen and the car in gear as a possible emergency situation and so it puts the hazards on. Might be a long shot!