Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

940 with bigger turbo?

when you put a bigger turbo on a 940 do you have to upgrade the breather system? i got my 940 back on the road a few days ago but its smoking badly on overrun its a b230fk with a 16/19t im just trying to diagnose the issue atm but i no good with this kinda thing, its spitting oil through the maf sensor, seems like it could be any number of issues, any help appreciated

cheers

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wiganer31 View Post
    when you put a bigger turbo on a 940 do you have to upgrade the breather system? i got my 940 back on the road a few days ago but its smoking badly on overrun its a b230fk with a 16/19t im just trying to diagnose the issue atm but i no good with this kinda thing, its spitting oil through the maf sensor, seems like it could be any number of issues, any help appreciated

cheers
    Unplug the breather pipe from the inlet pipe and extend the pipe down to the floor and block of the inlet pipe breather feed .if still the same I would be looking at the turbo .if it stops the you need a new Pcv system .but it does sound like the Pcv is blocking up but a cheap and easy fix .clean all pipes out and new Pcv box too .it sits under the inlet manifold

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    Unplug the breather pipe from the inlet pipe and extend the pipe down to the floor and block of the inlet pipe breather feed .if still the same I would be looking at the turbo .if it stops the you need a new Pcv system .but it does sound like the Pcv is blocking up but a cheap and easy fix .clean all pipes out and new Pcv box too .it sits under the inlet manifold
    cheers smithy, ive now piped the breather system to a pop bottle so i can see what collects in it, need to fix a leaking oil return pipe then i can look into this properly

cheers

Bird is the word!
    Thanks
    Have you fitted an oil catch can? Could be worth it for you.

When I fitted a 15G to my b230fk I had very little teething issues as the boost was set not much higher than what a 13c could achieve! Running a 16 or 19t at higher boost could warrant a better intercooler & induction system?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dionbullock View Post
    Have you fitted an oil catch can? Could be worth it for you.

When I fitted a 15G to my b230fk I had very little teething issues as the boost was set not much higher than what a 13c could achieve! Running a 16 or 19t at higher boost could warrant a better intercooler & induction system?

no mate, breather system is standard, im wondering if i need to fit a catch tank, its looking like its going to be a good idea, the induction side of things if definitely getting uprated, plan is solid or silicone intake pipe, 3" maf and bigger filter, ive also got a big cooler waiting to go on when ive got the bigger pipe work

cheers

Thread Information