Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!! Please.

This user has no status

Thanks

Help!! Please.

Hi All , help needed desperately . Im going to look at some cars today and want a valid opinion.
    Ive already changed my mind once , going from having an 850 T5 to a V70 T5, but someone has a V40 T4 ,am I going in the wrong direction?
    Top of my list currently is a VOLVO V70 2.3 T5 R Estate V70 R, 5 Doors, Automatic, Estate, Petrol, R Reg, any ideas of what should be looking at paying for this realistically. I've got no idea of mileage as yet.

All advice welcome before I break my heart.

This user has no status

Thanks
    If its a genuine R then you should be paying between 6-7k depending on the mileage and condition.

If you have a big enough budget then an R will always hold more value

x

Andrew
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmopp
    If its a genuine R then you should be paying between 6-7k depending on the mileage and condition.

If you have a big enough budget then an R will always hold more value

x
    I do worry about an R with an auto box though - lot of power and on 2 Rs with auto boxes they have failed!....

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I do worry about an R with an auto box though - lot of power and on 2 Rs with auto boxes they have failed!....
    Not heard of it yet on a V70 tho

x

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Me thinks you worry a tad to much.
    I thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel,
    it was just some fool with a torch bringing me more work

1998 V70 R AWD

This user has no status

Thanks
    One of those was running nion 300bhp tho and 2 boxes out of all the auto boxes on here isn't bad odds really for 10 year old cars?

x

Andrew
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by stuAWD
    Me thinks you worry a tad to much.
    Probably got something to do with the 1800 quid I paid to get mine fixed!

Andrew
    This user has no status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmopp
    One of those was running nion 300bhp tho and 2 boxes out of all the auto boxes on here isn't bad odds really for 10 year old cars?

x
    2 R boxes

There has been 5 at least gone in the last year. Maybe I'm just a case of "once bitten twice shy" just don't want to guy to pick up a dud.

On the flip side - I loved my auto and only went manual this time because I wanted lots of power and torque and to tune this one a little more than the old one.

Ac.

This user has no status

Thanks

Re Help

OK Guys now youve got me confused ,Just remember you are dealing with a girlie and a blonde to boot !

Are you perhaps saying that I should be wary of the R with an auto box?

Most of the stuff out there in the T5 at the mo seems to be automatic any way , this I dont really mind , but how much in performance will I lose as opposed to having a manual. Also are the autos able to be tweeked?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yes you can tweak the auto's - not to the same limits as a manual as the auto boxes are a little weaker. As long as you dont go mad you shouldn't have any problems with an auto box and will get many a happy mile out of it without any problems.

On road performance there is very little in it between an auto and a manual, there is a power loss through the box but its not significant enough to make that much difference on the road.

If you happy with an auto and you dont want to get silly power out of it then you should have no worries.

x

Scottish bloke
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hi there

Dont let these guys put you off auto's

There very much a preference thing but all I drive is auto, Im far from easy on my cars, Anyone remember the Stretton Fox or even Loch Lomond Shores carpark?? Auto's even with 300bhp dont just light tyres up like that, they need to be heavy abused to manage it in the dry and I aint lost a box yet, last car had 173k on original box

Volvo aint daft, there not putting auto boxes in these cars and the cars cant handle the power, and as you said most you see are auto's,

Dont be scared, the auto boxes are bullit proof for everyday driving, its like everything, if its well looked after it will look after you

This user has no status
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by fraz13
    Hi there

Dont let these guys put you off auto's

There very much a preference thing but all I drive is auto, Im far from easy on my cars, Anyone remember the Stretton Fox or even Loch Lomond Shores carpark?? Auto's even with 300bhp dont just light tyres up like that, they need to be heavy abused to manage it in the dry and I aint lost a box yet, last car had 173k on original box

Volvo aint daft, there not putting auto boxes in these cars and the cars cant handle the power, and as you said most you see are auto's,

Dont be scared, the auto boxes are bullit proof for everyday driving, its like everything, if its well looked after it will look after you
    Ditto, and then left foot brake everywhere........................................ .....
    Engineer

Suspended
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer
    Ditto, and then left foot brake everywhere........................................ .....
    your havng a laugh, volvo auto boxes bullet proof ?there anything but im afraid ,the manual boxes however are bullet proof

This user has no status
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by andi t5
    your havng a laugh, volvo auto boxes bullet proof ?there anything but im afraid ,the manual boxes however are bullet proof
    Bullit proof? did I miss something?
    Engineer

This user has no status

Thanks
    Having driven both of many thousands of miles, I think the auto's are GREAT!

I also think the manuals are great! Just like Fraz says, it's down to preference as to which you prefer more.
    #

This user has no status

Thanks

Help please

Ive been here there and everywhere today looking at cars , Im sorry but some of the sales chat makes me cringe !Some of the cars made me cringe . One bloke even went as far as showing me where you filled it up, he said to the the car was perfect BUT sometimes when you were driving it groaned ,but otherwise was fine . To coin a phrase , I groaned , made my excuses and left .
    Im going to look at the T5R tomorrow but have just discovered some one no more than a mile from me is selling a T70 AWD .

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by masres
    T70 AWD .
    Whats that then?
    #

This user has no status

Thanks

Help Please

All wheel drive ?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by masres
    All wheel drive ?
    No.. the T70...

Did Volvo release a recent model I didn't know about?
    #

This user has no status

Thanks

Help please

Sorry typing error , Imbuilding my dream car in my head !

Thread Information