Join Today
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

This user has no status

Thanks

Saffron C70, T5, needs to be lower

I have always thought these C70's have great potential looks wise.
    And finally got hold of one.

T5 GT for sale on here. Picked up last Tuesday, couldn't have been a nicer seller.
    Drove home faultlessly. Albeit a bit smooth, Far too smooth to be called one of my cars. That will need to change

First things first, a good clean.
    After a wash the car got clayed above the swage line to see how it will come out when my buddy details it (detailR if you were interested in Milton Keynes, hes done wonders for my zed)

Then into the engine bay.

New dipstick and tube ordered as this one was snapped, airbox removed, dump valve blanked, Carbon canister pipes removed, lots of hose removed, and now I get turbo chatter, headlining out so i can hear it.

I will be turning the boost up soon to see how it goes.
    Also checked the pvc, the glove was not saying hello so im guessing its not blocked.

I checked the cambelt and noticed oil on the underside and on the exhaust pulley. So looks like the oil is disappearing through that seal.

Removed the worst of the tow bar and need to cut off the flanges left, but i will be leaving the rest of it as its a free strut brace.
    Headlight wipers and washers removed makes the front look alot cleaner, i did take the number plate off aswell but i cant be bothered with running the risk of being stopped for a fine, so only when its parked up will it come off.

Coilovers will be on order very soon as its so desperate to be low. And I have a few wheel ideas in mind.

Mark
    Last edited by Sparkysparks; Monday 27th June 2016 at 13:02.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Looks lovely mate!! Dont go for the cheap Pro sports and make the same mistake i did!!!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    What coilovers? I have gone for cheap ta tachnix. Although cheap they have served me well in the past on a few cars.
    Should be arriving friday. Retro show sunday so time will be taken on prep on the zed. Hopefully fit them next weekend and see how low it goes.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yeah i brought pro sport coilovers and they are awfull!! Ive always liked the c70s, if i didnt need the space in my v70 i would deffo got one of these!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yeah the 850 was incredibly vertsatile. And this has a tony hole in the boot in which to get things in. It wont be a good hauler. But itll look good on the way

This user has no status

Thanks

They have finally arrived. But I dont know when ill have time to fit them.

Also fitted a cheap air filter just to stop foreign objects going through the engine

And sliced off the nasty bit of the tow bar. Leaving a "rear strut brace"

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    For performance, you're better off with the standard airbox and filter (but you'll lose the nice sound).

Also, it looks like the recirc pipe has been removed - has it been blanked off?
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Recirc valve has been plugged but not removed yet.
    Standard airbox may be better but i like the chatter
    I may yet put the snorkel back in place to help with air flow but in all honesty i dont think it will matter.

228k and still not broke it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 5,648 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkysparks View Post
    Recirc valve has been plugged but not removed yet.
    Standard airbox may be better but i like the chatter
    I may yet put the snorkel back in place to help with air flow but in all honesty i dont think it will matter.
    You need to do more than plug the recirc mate. Best thing to do is put the pipe back on and fit a one-way valve. It'll lock the recirc shut with pressure but stop it opening. That'll save you having to blank it off too.
    19t, greens, 3" inlet, 3" downpipe with race cat, V70R catback, autotech map...

310.2bhp / 333ft/lb

2016 Swedish Day UK "Best Modified Swede"
    SOLD

Got an old discovery now.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R-P View Post
    You need to do more than plug the recirc mate. Best thing to do is put the pipe back on and fit a one-way valve. It'll lock the recirc shut with pressure but stop it opening. That'll save you having to blank it off too.
    Thats a good shout actually. Ill look into doing that as i do feel im letting pressure escape somewhere.

Jamesy thats a different zed haha. I was running low 14's at pod the other day. The last one was doing 12's. I guess i just cant drive.
    If i can get this volvo near that ill be more than happy.
    The clio my mate had off you is destined to be scrapped now. Dont worry, all the good bits are off and waiting to go into the next one.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparkysparks For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Wednesday 13th July 2016)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Thats a good shout actually. Ill look into doing that as i do feel im letting pressure escape somewhere.

Jamesy thats a different zed haha. I was running low 14's at pod the other day. The last one was doing 12's. I guess i just cant drive.
    If i can get this volvo near that ill be more than happy.
    The clio my mate had off you is destined to be scrapped now. Dont worry, all the good bits are off and waiting to go into the next one.
    Come on now my S70 does low 14's What happened to the Clio fella?

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Although the pro sport coilovers are bloody uncomfortable, (and those ta technix look very similar) they do give a nice stance.

I'm looking at getting some BCs once I've sorted the engine.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yes they will be the same. And that does look good. Perfect example of what im after really

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    very nice mate, can't beat a bit of gay gold

Still got the Z I see

This user has no status

Thanks
    Ive got the coilovers on. I need to take them back off though as i didnt put the conical topmounts on. I only used the volvo top mount and not the intermediate one. (the bearing one) So its a bit clonky at the minute.
    Also got the springs in the rear, but couldnt release the acorn nuts on the shocks so im still on original shocks (does anyone have and tips for me, I know its a simple job but they are so tight im worried about snapping the stud off). It looks much like the above image, which ive decided is no where near low enough at the back. I can live with the front for now (when finished) as the tires just scrub when turning.
    I have to say, the difference already is incredible. Feels like a proper car now instead of a quick sofa. Feels very much like power os going to the wheels now instead of being soaked up in springyness.

This user has no status

Thanks

Front is sitting alot better now.

Rear needs work.

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Even with the top mount fitted, it'll still be clonky, as the top of the coilover sits on the metal part of the top mount, not the rubber part.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Well got my rear shocks on and the topmounts on the front. Its all good, no clonks, good feel to it. Not low enough still though. Problem is up front the tires are too big, and theres no more adjustment on the rear. Will use it for a while and see how i get on.
    Ive got the spiders in the front shocks and seems to be holding them solid.

On the drag times front i think it was mainly my ability, not the cars. Although i am getting conflicting boost readings, needs to be investigated.

The clio ended up being more rotten than a donor, so it will be swapped over via subframe into a newer shell, when we get a chance that is.

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Well got my rear shocks on and the topmounts on the front. Its all good, no clonks, good feel to it. Not low enough still though. Problem is up front the tires are too big, and theres no more adjustment on the rear. Will use it for a while and see how i get on.
    Ive got the spiders in the front shocks and seems to be holding them solid.

On the drag times front i think it was mainly my ability, not the cars. Although i am getting conflicting boost readings, needs to be investigated.

The clio ended up being more rotten than a donor, so it will be swapped over via subframe into a newer shell, when we get a chance that is.
    sorry to hear that it looked good on the top oh well hope the engine & bits were worth it

This user has no status

Thanks
    No problem, the bits on it were well worth it. It wasnt to bad tbh its just cheaper to put it all in a new car than to repair.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparkysparks For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Wednesday 13th July 2016)

Thread Information