Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    S60=people's Quattroporte
    Thanks

S60 2.0T '04 rain sensor doesn't and auto windows don't !

Can anyone tell me please if the rain sensor and auto (one-touch) windows can be disabled, and, more importantly for me, if they can be re-enabled ? Tried the reset procedure (held switches up for 10 sec etc) with no result.

My NS mirror persists in looking skyward despite the correct position being stored in seat memory. Any thoughts on that ?

And can I fit a boost gauge ?

Super car ; only needs these bits sorting.

Many TIA

keith

This user has no status

Thanks
    You can fit a boost gauge if you wish so
    Reinsensor cannot be disbaled completelly without extra parts. You can buy the CANbus function extender from Volvotech.eu and depends on your model it may be possible to use in intermittent mode.

Auto roll down cannot be disabled. If you don't press the button fully, then it will not engage the auto function.

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    I am misunderstanding something? The rains sensor only activates the wipers if it is turned on. If you don't press the button, the wipers won't activate.

Are you saying that the rain sensor isn't actually working?
    Last edited by LiamT4; Friday 24th June 2016 at 21:06.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post
    I am misunderstanding something? The rains sensor only activates the wipers if it is turned on. If you don't press the button, the wipers won't activate.

Are you saying that the rain sensor isn't actually working?
    There's is no button mate. It's on when you move the stalk down one click. Rain sensing switches off when the car is turned off. After starting the car, to enable rain sensing you need to return the stalk to the 'off' position, then pull it back down 1 click.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MygreygreenS60 View Post
    Can anyone tell me please if the rain sensor and auto (one-touch) windows can be disabled, and, more importantly for me, if they can be re-enabled ? Tried the reset procedure (held switches up for 10 sec etc) with no result.

My NS mirror persists in looking skyward despite the correct position being stored in seat memory. Any thoughts on that ?

And can I fit a boost gauge ?

Super car ; only needs these bits sorting.

Many TIA

keith
    Absolutely, yes!!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    But where to fit it ?
    Photos of placements would be good.

Thanks
    Thanks all for replying. I must admit my OP was unclear. BTW I bought the car 2 weeks ago.

I know how to use the rain sensor and one-touch windows, but they don't work. A friend suggested they were disabled by a Volvo dealer because a former owner didn't like them, and I wondered if this was possible.

Having now been able to do some diagnosis it looks like faults in the control units. I'll have a go at clearing them, but fear I'll have to replace them.

The boost gauge and 16" wheels will have to wait (17" wheels are too harsh for roads around here ).
    Last edited by MistralS60; Sunday 26th June 2016 at 05:50.

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    There's is no button mate. It's on when you move the stalk down one click. Rain sensing switches off when the car is turned off. After starting the car, to enable rain sensing you need to return the stalk to the 'off' position, then pull it back down 1 click.
    I was saying that you need to press the button to have wipers activated by the rain, otherwise you just use the normal stalk positions.

I wasn't sure on the question, that's why i asked for clarification.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post
    I was saying that you need to press the button to have wipers activated by the rain, otherwise you just use the normal stalk positions.

I wasn't sure on the question, that's why i asked for clarification.
    Press the button? What button?

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    Press the button? What button?
    Don't you have the button ? No 2 in link .then turn the ring No1 to adjust what the sensor picks up .

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...6S07u5fksqvt9A
    Last edited by Harvey; Thursday 30th June 2016 at 00:02.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Nope. No button.

Thanks
    No button on mine, either !

This user has no status

Thanks
    None on mine either.

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    I just pull the stalk down 1 click then adjust sensitivity using the ring.

Thanks
    So would I, but the rain sensor doesn't sense anything. Haven't been able to correct in software, so presumably need a new upper control unit and mirror !

This user has no status

Thanks
    Is your windscreen original? Sometimes when changed issues arise eapecially with aftermarket ones.

Thanks
    Thanks, I think it is. I think the problem's in the upper control unit in the mirror, so will be working on that.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MistralS60 View Post
    Thanks, I think it is. I think the problem's in the upper control unit in the mirror, so will be working on that.
    Get a software reload / vida to see the codes.
    are you getting alarm siren service message as that is known to cause problems with the upper unit.
    Last edited by Harvey; Thursday 30th June 2016 at 21:50.

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Yeah, mine has a button and so does the mrs s40. You don't move the stalk, you just leave it in the off position, press the button and then adjust the sensitivity.
    With ours, moving the stalk just does the standard speeds.

I thought they were all like that pmsl

This user has no status

Thanks
    Apologies to troll into this conversation, but I'm just wondering in general, if it would be possible to have the non button equipped stalk replaced with button ones? Assume its not that simple, as some electronic/programming voodoo would be required....

Thread Information