Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Smile Upsolute upgrade done

Just a few lines to say how pleased I am with the upgrade. It did exactly what I expected with regards to torque increase. (I wasn't too bothered about BHP but suppose it's about right.)
    Although I've not had it on a dyno, the gains are very obvious. From any speed over 60 mph the pick-up is very much sharper, with boost now up to 16psi.
    The day after I got it done I drove for 130 miles, without coming out of 5th gear.
    I now drop to 4th, (if I really have to) where I would previously have gone to 3rd.
    On checking consumption over one fill, it appears to be just over 28 mpg.
    On paying for it, I was pleasantly surprised - it was even less than quoted, as there were 3 cars being done at same time.
    You've probably guessed by now - I'm well pleased.

Scottish bloke
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Good news Alan

Al look forward to feeling the difference nxt time yer down this way

This user has no status

Thanks
    Nice one the upsolute is a good upgrade,mine ran a 14.1 quater with a few other mods like exhaust so i would imagine that the std upsolute chip will do a 14.3-14.4 at about 98-100mph slightly faster than the rica chip.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by elliot
    Nice one the upsolute is a good upgrade,mine ran a 14.1 quater with a few other mods like exhaust so i would imagine that the std upsolute chip will do a 14.3-14.4 at about 98-100mph slightly faster than the rica chip.
    Hi Elliot,
    Good to see another upsolute out there. I suspect you must have got most of your power from exhaust change and other stuff.
    I don't think the upsolute remap will be quicker than Rica - not according to published figures anyway. I chose this one for the torque, rather than BHP and before anyone writes to explain torque v hp, I do know the difference, the formula and the implications.

Thread Information