Join Today
    855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts

Pendine sands and landspeed museum meet

Another volvosportuk exclusive, I have been offered rare access to take cars on to the famous Pendine sands (first 500yds) for a photo opportunity, if there are enough people interested.

I have actually been given permission to organise a high speed event at a later date using all 8 miles.

There is also the museum of land-speed in Pendine, again if enough people are interested I can see if a group discount is available.

It would be a slow convoy, so no silly driving as it's sort of a road (it is a very complicated situation and difficult to organise use of the sands)

£7 per car is the charge to use the sands and low tech filming, absolutely no drones!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ettienne For This Useful Post:

Dangerous Dave (Wednesday 8th June 2016)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    i'll certainly be interested. Been to see the museum before, but it was shut lol

with half the land being within the military firing range theirs no way i'll be taking a drone lol

Now in an Audi...to allow more
    time for my 850s lol
    Thanks
    How times have changed - any bugger used to be able to drive on that beach back in the day!! As it happens I took my first turn behind the wheel on that beach - aged 7, maybe 8 squashing jellyfish in my dads Austin princess!! No records that day but I think I may have wet myself laughing

My grandparents had a caravan just behind the beach. Spent every summer there until my early teens.

Used to love sitting out the front of the pub eating scampi fries watching cars sink on the sand as the tide caught them out. Happy days.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shinsplintz 101 For This Useful Post:

Biff (Thursday 9th June 2016),Dangerous Dave (Wednesday 8th June 2016)

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    It's more than half mod, 500yds council and 7.5 miles mod.

the public have no access to the beach at all as the land is private, however it's just not enforced.

It's a weird situation with cars as it's sort of a road.

But I have been told the ramp is quite steep to the beach I'd have to get this checked out.

I'm quite looking forward to it, it's a really historic place.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Museum is £2, children are free (closes for 45mins at lunch).

Access to the sand is good ferraris and Lamborghini has used it so should ok

Thread Information