Join Today

Thread: Steering

This user has no status

Thanks

Steering

Since I've owned the car, If I turn too quickly i get really weird feel and noise through the steering. I've just put up with it and try not to turn quickly.

I would like to get it sorted now. Power steering does look like it's leaking from bottom and pump. Not sure if you can see if photos.

Any Ideas?

Video:

I must say it sounds worst when I'm driving.

Last edited by kevinking2020; Wednesday 25th May 2016 at 18:34.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Did you change the fluid?

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

This user has no status

Thanks
    I'm not sure. She did have a full service last August.

I remember the previous owner saying he had the power steering reservoir replaced. So could have not been done correctly or wrong fluid.

I would like to replace it with the 05 reservoir.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Mines been doing something similar. More ROAWRRR than MWEEE

I thought it was the pump but the fluid was a little low. Bought some more from Volvo today so it might help.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    The <05 reservoirs are known for bulging and they leak after even a short while. 05> reservoir will solve your problem.
    Leak at the pump is more likely the hose. I've never known a V70 or S60 P/S pump to fail or leak!

Always change the fluid first along with the reservoir and see if the noise goes. If not, replace the pump or don't put on full lock and strain the pump.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Thread Information