Join Today

Threaded View

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsi15 View Post
    Thanks buddy il get on this when money allows. Other thing may be trying to adjust my timing, if I'm 7% advanced how does that correlate to timing belt positions or is it not that simple? Il happily give the timing another go to see if that helps
    I gave you the wrong torque for the Knock Sensors it should of been 20Nm for your model.

You cannot adjust the Ignition Timing as the ECU does it but at 1420 revs, a fast idle, it should be 4 to 8 degrees BTDC

You won`t get detonation or pinking while revving from idle you have to have a load on the engine....driving.

To me the noise doesn`t sound like pinking or ignition trouble as it seems to do it on a light throttle ....but the type of rattle sounds to me like the turbo heat shield rattling where the nuts are not tight enough or a clamp on the exhaust not tight or even a Cat. starting to rattle.... Had one go on my 960.

If you think you have ignition advance problems try moving the distributor cap the way the rotor turns,retard, if there is play in it and even clean off any carbon on the rotor or contacts in the cap and it will lessen the spark to jump early!.......old school ways, but the ECU may still try to correct any adjustment?

I think your engine sounds great.
    Last edited by 960kg; Sunday 22nd May 2016 at 16:12.

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 960kg For This Useful Post:

Bigsi15 (Sunday 22nd May 2016)

Thread Information