Join Today

Threaded View

New here...old and oily
    elsewhere
    Thanks

V70R - Project - Silver Machine

I am the first to admit that my post count since joining this illustrious forum has been…abysmal!!! That is not to say that I have been ignoring the on goings. I can say hand on heart the inspiration from one or two regular project contributors has had me searching for the solution.

This finally arrived a few weeks ago in the shape of a Silver Metallic ’53 plate ’04 spec. manual V70R with full Volvo service history. It now sits beside the ’06 spec. Geartronic Sapphire Black V70R which my good lady will be driving as her ’01 spec V70 T5 will sadly have to depart after some 11 years of faithful service. (If I had the room, it would be staying as the family workhorse)

So yes, we are now a two V70R family. His & Hers. No, we won’t be wearing matching woolly pullys!!

Since the arrival a few jobs have been undertaken;

Later ’05> rear lights have been fitted. (Lee you know where this is going.)
    The slightly damaged load area interior has been repaired/replaced.
    The steel drop down luggage guard swapped in from the T5.
    Load area floor cover with storage netting swapped in from the T5.
    Diadem indicator bulbs fitted.
    Centre console cubby box lid and gear lever staging carbon wrapped.
    Anthracite Pegasus 18” wheels fitted with Dunlop Sportmaxx
    Jetex Blue air filter fitted.
    Nordkap Blue leather cleaned and Autoglym leather care cream applied

Jobs awaiting parts;

OE Rear Mud Flaps being collected tomorrow.
    ‘05> OE flat wiper arms and blades are being collected tomorrow.
    Replacement oil filler cap seal being collected tomorrow. (Old one is like a ring of hard plastic.
    IPD strut brace mountings on their way.
    Super Pro Top Engine/Steady Bar bush arrived today but;
    Awaiting Powerflex small bush for above before the whole steady bar rebushing/remounting is carried out.

To Do List.

Front and Rear 5mm Eibach Spacers and full alignment check/adjustment.
    Cherished transfer swap
    Later gear position embossed gear lever knob. (Current one is a bit threadbare!!) (Lee you wouldn’t have the right part number to hand? Thanks.)
    Performance Exhaust (Make to be decided)
    Powerflex to lower front wishbones
    ‘05> Tailgate badging
    D5 oil cooler conversion.
    Brembo Drilled Disc conversion.
    Windowed air box conversion.
    Refurbish the silver 18” Pegasus that came with the car and fit winter tyres.
    New Monroes 4C’s all round
    Atacama conversion.
    Fit Black grill surround conversion off the Sapphire Black V70R
    Fit the Elevate Front Bumper Lower Grille Insert

And much much more………

I’m fairly inept at good photos but I’ll do my best to supply some sort of pictorial update. However, there is a lot to live up to here.

What I can say is; that having driven a P2 Geartronic V70R for the last 18 months the difference in sliding into a manual one is night and day and supports the old adage.

The light is bright!!!
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10521&dateline=138532  2015

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to V70-R-T5 For This Useful Post:

BigGreg (Monday 16th May 2016),LeeT5 (Wednesday 18th May 2016),MoleT-5R (Wednesday 4th May 2016),Santa (Sunday 8th May 2016),Wobbly Dave (Thursday 5th May 2016)

Thread Information