Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Does anybody remember that I a Water leakage problem..the car did that is?..Mind you

car used to run absolutely fine unless stuck in traffic when the temp gauge would rise a little and I could detect steam emanating from within...
    Well I changed the pressure cap..no difference..
    I changed the thermostat..same result
    So, yet again it happened t'other day but I was close to home and able to lift the bonnet whilst it was "steaming".
    Do you know what the problem was.. The little pipe that fixed to the top of the expansion bottle was leaking....hmm...but I was sure that I'd checked that?
    So I removed the pipe and had an E..v..e..n closer look and the pipe was actually fine it was the little outlet pipe that had a crack in it, I reckon it had been nipped up a bit tight in the past..
    All is now chipper got a NOS expansion bottle (gen Volvo) cos i'm an anorak. I shall take a snap and post it for future ref.
    Once it's on here it might just be useful to somebody else in the future

Appreciative
    Thanks
    Mine was also cracked in the same place and necessitated a change of plastic expansion tank, I think this is quite common on the older cars as the plastic turns brittle.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bonnietiler View Post
    car used to run absolutely fine unless stuck in traffic when the temp gauge would rise a little and I could detect steam emanating from within...
    Well I changed the pressure cap..no difference..
    I changed the thermostat..same result
    So, yet again it happened t'other day but I was close to home and able to lift the bonnet whilst it was "steaming".
    Do you know what the problem was.. The little pipe that fixed to the top of the expansion bottle was leaking....hmm...but I was sure that I'd checked that?
    So I removed the pipe and had an E..v..e..n closer look and the pipe was actually fine it was the little outlet pipe that had a crack in it, I reckon it had been nipped up a bit tight in the past..
    All is now chipper got a NOS expansion bottle (gen Volvo) cos i'm an anorak. I shall take a snap and post it for future ref.
    Once it's on here it might just be useful to somebody else in the future
    Really? Where's the photo that you promised?
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks

Oh....the knife went in slowly and was twisted so.....
    Yes, remiss of me..sorry about that
    Brian

Thread Information