Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Anti roll bar query.

Hi peeps.

Am a bit puzzled regarding the replacement of either the rear anti roll bar or inner bushes on my 2006 XC70.
    My indy has stated that the bushes are bonded to the arb so I would need a new arb, but I have seen posts here and on the Volvo Community forum about people replacing just the bushes and have seen them available to buy.
    My question is, if the bushes are replaced, what stops the lateral movement of the bar through the bushes?
    If they are indeed bonded, then the bar could not move.

Obviously I'm looking for the cheaper of the two options, hence the question.

Thanks.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yes, the bushes are bonded/fixed. I have no idea why Volvo designed this way....
    As you mentioned 2 options are possible:
    remove the bushing (cut and burn) and buy the bushing only. What holds them in place, I don't know, however the same design is used on these too: http://www.ipdusa.com/products/8809/...-v70-xc70-xc60
    buy the complete arb from Skandix http://www.skandix.de/en/spare-parts...tabilizer/965/
    way cheaper than the OEM.

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

3. The Following User Says Thank You to htomi For This Useful Post:

Dave Tuting (Thursday 28th April 2016)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Anyone else know what holds them in place before I buy some?
    And which is the better option, rubber or nylon?
    Last edited by Dave Tuting; Thursday 12th May 2016 at 22:08.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tuting View Post
    Anyone else know what holds them in place before I buy some?
    And which is the better option, rubber or nylon?
    The bar has a slight raised portion that sits either side of the bush. When the bush clamps are torqued down there is no way the bar will slide past the raised portions.
    The bar must be greased slightly with the supplied rubber grease or poly grease, where it makes contact with the bush. This prevents the bar sticking to the poly and essentially, damaging it by tearing it. In real terms, the bar only twists through a few degrees, so no real movement but if you don't grease the bushes, they will creak and moan like hell.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Dave Tuting (Saturday 14th May 2016)

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Just to ask are we talking about the Volvo bars or after market one , on the Volvo bars that rubbers are vulcanised on to the bars so that cannot be changed as said.

It's a P2 thing ?.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I've read that they can be cut off and replaced.

Thread Information