Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

940 engine mounts? plus stainless exhaust work

im looking for a pair of engine mounts for my 940, ive tryed the local suppliers and and euro car parts and pages etc but none of them stock and mounts for my car, so i jumped on ebay and there are loads of different engine mounts, ive messaged about half of them so far with my reg and they all say that the mounts they have are incorrect for my reg, so just wondered if anyone knows anywere i can get some for my car? its a R reg 940 2.3 lpt estate, most of the ones on ebay look the same from the pictures, could the reason that they are wrong because there the wrong compound for my car? ie could i fit ones that are designed for the hpt version? also are there any poly mounts avaidable?

also is there anyone on here who can do stainless steel exhaust work? im in the process of building my own 3"stainless steel exhaust system, and ive got abit stuck and have been for a while, its 85% there i just need abit of help making a few tweeks and and some hangers and then stainless seem welding, if theres anyone who can help i can provide more info and pictures, obviously i will pay for help and provide food and drink etc

cheers

This user has no status

Thanks
    anyone? really need to find a set of engine mounts? dose anyone know if automatic ones are the same? i rang a company who did some looking into it and thinks automatic ones might be the same?

cheers

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    I think the manual and auto ones are different - if you go to www.febi-live.com (free registration) you can see which ones are for manual and which for auto. I had the same problem with my newly acquired manual '98 940 LPT - haven't received the ones I ordered yet but hopefully they'll be the right ones. I don't expect any diff between LPT/HPT, just auto/manual ones.

Re the exhaust, look for a local custom pipes/powerflow company and ask to see some of their work. I've been quoted between £500-600 for a full 2.5in stainless system incl a 200 cell cat as a guide price. Compare that to a Jetex 2.5 stainless cat back system for £375ish... As I've just spent a shedload on stage 0 bits I'm just fitting a std exhaust for now and will get the stainless jobby in the summer.

Great to see another 940 project btw - not many of us about in the UK

HTH
    Currently - '96 850R auto

Previously - '97 S70 T5 manual, '98 V70R AWD auto, '98 V70R Auto in Nautic Blue Mica with LPG (went to Germany!), 1996 850R Auto, lots of various 940s, 960s and a crappy 850 2.0

All the ladies love it
    sideways!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,332 Posts
    ClassicSwede on VOC can probably knock you up some Poly ones.

Tell him I sent you

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wiganer31 View Post
    anyone? really need to find a set of engine mounts? dose anyone know if automatic ones are the same? i rang a company who did some looking into it and thinks automatic ones might be the same?

cheers
    i will try febi website cheers, were did you order yours from?

as for the exhaust im gonna get a set of engine mounts and then take it from there, my diy job is 85% there so would be rude not to finish it now.

yea 940's are a good project car

This user has no status

Thanks
    i tried febi but they don't list any engine mounts for my reg, so i took one of my engine mounts off to see if there was a part number on, happy days there was, but threes two part numbers 132 94 28 blau 137 86 57, both part numbers are for differnt engine mounts as far as im aware? question is what part number of engine mount do i order for my car?

cheers

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    I've ordered a pair of Febi 3903 mounts - green flashes. That is what the Febi website indicated, so fingers crossed! I'll know if they're the right ones in a week or two when I eventually get around to fitting them...
    Currently - '96 850R auto

Previously - '97 S70 T5 manual, '98 V70R AWD auto, '98 V70R Auto in Nautic Blue Mica with LPG (went to Germany!), 1996 850R Auto, lots of various 940s, 960s and a crappy 850 2.0

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RollingThunder For This Useful Post:

Dangerous Dave (Tuesday 12th April 2016)

Thread Information