Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Ecu issues with Rica chip

Hi all I have a M plate 94 850 auto T5. It breaks up badly under acceleration with the modded ecu. I have managed to get a std ecu fitted and it runs perfectly. Do you think it's the chip or is it the ecu it's located in. Any response would be great as I really don't want to waste money having it removed and transferred to a new unit only to find out I wasted my time.

John

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    It's more likely to be an ignition related misfire, cap, leads and rotor arm are most likely.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Williams View Post
    It's more likely to be an ignition related misfire, cap, leads and rotor arm are most likely.
    Hi Tim yep that's what I thought but I have replaced everything. Plugs,leads,cap,rotar arm,coil pack & even the fuel pump and filter. So I thought it could be the ecu or possibly the map on the chip has somehow failed, if that can happen over time. Perhaps even a cracked circuit board. Would be good if I had another car to try it in.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Try another remapped ECU then.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    It's commonplace that a remap or chipped ECU will often unearth hidden gremlins on a stock car.

Assuming you carried out a full 'Stage 0' before you added the chipped ECU??

......if not, you should remove and refit the stock ECU and then complete a full 'Stage 0'. Then you'll be in the best place to start modding.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status

Thanks
    Well I can only assume that did happen as I have a receipt from Rica when the previous owner had it mapped. Anyway having other issues too now so need to get them sorted. Thanks guys for your help

Overall VPCUK car of the year
    Thanks
    it wouldnt hurt to replace all vacuum lines too as the PCV, the fuel pressure regulator and the turbo wastegate work off the vacuum

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm1n View Post
    Well I can only assume that did happen as I have a receipt from Rica when the previous owner had it mapped. Anyway having other issues too now so need to get them sorted. Thanks guys for your help
    So the receipt from RICA states they carried out a 'stage 0', I find that hard to believe!

A word to the wise......Never assume anything.

Good luck fixing your car mate
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

Thread Information