Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Leccy window problem

My drivers side window won't auto wind up all the way. It gets to about 1-2" from closed and then winds back down again as if it's detected an obstruction. At first I thought it was just dirt in the channels around the door edge but that doesn't seem to be the case. Anyone got any ideas?

This is on a early Ph2 V70.
    2001 V70 T5 (Manual) - The Turnip
    1999 9-5 Aero (Manual) - Sven

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Do you have diagnostics? Any codes in the DDM?
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Unfortunately not. VIDA/DICE has been on my "to do" list of things to buy for years and still not got around to it.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Oh well. Your kinda blind without it. If a fault in the DDM, it will show on VIDA, otherwise you're pissing in the wind.

Have you tried powering down the window and holding switch for 10 seconds when at the bottom and the same going up, despite it may come down...keep holding switch UP for 10 seconds.
    Switch off ignition, then switch on and re try windows?
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Cool, I'll give that a try. Didn't even consider that it could be something that would throw up a code. Just thought it might be a more old school mechanical problem or just a basic motor malfunction. I will get VIDA at some point as I've decided to keep the bus for another few years.

looking to get MTE Map
    Thanks
    Mine did the same some time ago, when local indy did a code read using vida on my car for another issue they did a software update and after that the issue seemed to be rectified.
    Ex Police V70 T5 SE now scrapped.
    Daily driver V60 D3 R-design

2004 C70 2.4T GT, modifications front strut brace, 19" Peg reps with white lettered tires.

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    As above, mine was doing this a while back but you could shut it by simply holding the button down and it would completely close.

Unfortunately i can't remember exactly how my garage fixed it other than "resetting" something. It took no more than a few minutes.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yeah, it will go up OK if you hold the button down until closed. I'll try Lee's suggestion tomorrow.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold 'N' Brown View Post
    Yeah, it will go up OK if you hold the button down until closed. I'll try Lee's suggestion tomorrow.
    Make sure the engine is running so the window regulator has full power!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Just to update on this, I did try your suggestion Lee, and it didn't work unfortunately. Tried it a few times. I'll update this once I've got VIDA and can read the codes.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Just to update on this, I did try your suggestion Lee, and it didn't work unfortunately. Tried it a few times. I'll update this once I've got VIDA and can read the codes.
    In that case, the windows can only be reset by the dealer mate.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Just came across this give it ago..

1. Engage the auto-down function and remove fuse 11C/5 (for driver's side) or 11C/4 (for passenger side) (located in the driver's side dash fusebox) during window movement.

2. Install fuse back into position.

3. Engage the auto-up function and hold it engaged for 5 seconds after the window has reached the fully closed position. 

4. Verify window is now working properly. 

5. If this procedure does not work, a scan tool that can access the Passenger Door Module (PDM) and Drivers Door Module (DDM) will be needed.
    --------
    The auto up or down function will be engaged if the button is pulled to the second step. The first step is for manual operation. This procedure can be used for driver and passenger windows.
    Last edited by Harvey; Saturday 2nd April 2016 at 22:26.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

Gold 'N' Brown (Friday 8th April 2016)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Didn't see your reply before Harvey. I would have given this ago, but....

Drivers door back to normal as of this morning. However, last two times I've used the car the passenger door window has been open. At this stage I'm not sure if my wife, god bless her, has leaned on the switch as she's got in the car or if this is another symptom of the fault. First, a couple of days ago, I noticed it was open just a couple of mm - could hear the wind whistling as we drove past parked cars - not even far enough to dip below the inside trim. Possible I just didn't close it all the way previously. This morning the window was open half way. Unfortunately I didn't see if it was open prior to my wife getting in. I don't think it could have been open prior to us getting in though as it was raining, and has been for the last few days, and the inside was dry.

Frustrating as it now means I'm paranoid about whether the windows are randomly opening themselves.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Problem recurred again yesterday. I tried Harvey's suggestion with the fuse and it worked (no idea what the 11C/4 and 11C/5 refers to, I just checked for the correct fuse in the manual). Still working fine today, touch wood. As for the passenger side mystery, fairly sure that was my wife being an arse.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Problem recurred again yesterday. I tried Harvey's suggestion with the fuse and it worked (no idea what the 11C/4 and 11C/5 refers to, I just checked for the correct fuse in the manual). Still working fine today, touch wood. As for the passenger side mystery, fairly sure that was my wife being an arse.

Try this.....

I posted on another thread but maybe you didn`t see it?

Good Luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 960kg For This Useful Post:

MistralS60 (Thursday 23rd June 2016)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    OK, so problem is still there, intermittantly. I haven't tried 960kg's suggestion yet, but will do. I have VIDA now but can't use it until I've installed Win 7 Pro (on it's way).

No further problems with the passenger window. Convinced that was my wife hitting the button as she climbed in.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I'd completely forgotten about this problem. At some point after I asked about this on here - guess it must have been quite some weeks, maybe even months after - the problem just disappeared and I never even noticed. Then a few weeks back I suddenly realised it was no longer a problem. So I did nothing, and nothing changed (to my knowledge) to cure it. Then I guess I must have jinxed things by thinking about it, as within a matter of weeks of me remembering (this was just a few weeks ago) it happened again, but just a one off.

I'm wondering if it's my dodgy battery to blame as it is weak (am ordering a replacement tomorrow). BUt would that be a factor if the engine is running, since I know my alternator is good and it's charging at just over 14v?

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    I'd completely forgotten about this problem. At some point after I asked about this on here - guess it must have been quite some weeks, maybe even months after - the problem just disappeared and I never even noticed. Then a few weeks back I suddenly realised it was no longer a problem. So I did nothing, and nothing changed (to my knowledge) to cure it. Then I guess I must have jinxed things by thinking about it, as within a matter of weeks of me remembering (this was just a few weeks ago) it happened again, but just a one off.

I'm wondering if it's my dodgy battery to blame as it is weak (am ordering a replacement tomorrow). BUt would that be a factor if the engine is running, since I know my alternator is good and it's charging at just over 14v?
    This isn't going be helpful but, it's a p2, they just do things like that.....
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yeah, I'm not fussed if it does it occasionally, it just bugged me when it was constant. I've had a few little electrical oddities over the last few years, but nothing (apart from this one) that has been a recurring problem.

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    The alarm on my s60 just started going off randomly, for no apparent reason. Then, by pure accident, i found out that if i locked it by the key THEN the fob, it fixed it lol

Thread Information