Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
    I deleted it myself as i then noticed that the hose the valve was on went onto your inlet manifold which was removed.

Not a very clear indication, however congratulations for reading it as that is why it was there....lol
    What on earth does that mean??

It's a perfectly clear indication of where the valves are on a P2 T5 or P2 R model. It's also totally obvious the inlet manifold is not present, so I'm really not a clue what your on about?
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

trying hard to look busy!
    Thanks
    does anyone have part numbers for these for an 850 please? description sounds like mine need renewing
    It's a 5 Cylinder Orchestra!
    R.I.P. Kyebosh (Alan) you're memory lives on!

Bored it now need to build
    it...
    Thanks

it...
    Thanks
    Finally got a video up! Boost rises then falls back off then picks up a little again. Seems to reach different max pressures each time too. Will try the vacuum valves as soon as possible first

trying hard to look busy!
    Thanks
    Yeah mines does that occasionally.
    It's a 5 Cylinder Orchestra!
    R.I.P. Kyebosh (Alan) you're memory lives on!

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsi15 View Post
    Finally got a video up! Boost rises then falls back off then picks up a little again. Seems to reach different max pressures each time too. Will try the vacuum valves as soon as possible first
    Looking at the video reminds me of when I had similar boost issues.

Some questions, if I may....

1. Have you had the codes read on the car and what are they?
    2. When you accelerate hard and the boost does what it does in the video, if you come to a stop...does the car feel like it's going to stall slightly? Rather, do the revs 'DIP' below normal idle speed??
    3. Are you using PTFE tubing anywhere from the vacuum side to the boost gauge?

If the answer to Q2 or Q3 is yes, then you almost certainly have a boost leak post MAF.
    If you have a split in the PTFE tube then it will give the symptoms shown in the video. (check this using a MITYVAC)

Likely places for your boost leak will be:

MAF to Turbo pipe (very common and easy to spot - look for oil residue)
    Split PTFE pipe to boost gauge
    Inlet manifold gasket
    Vac tree and associated rubber tubing/vac lines
    Split IC
    Compressor Bypass valve (spring weakens and rubber deteriorates with age)
    Leaking Boost pressure sensor (uses a very small 'O' ring)

On visual inspection....any misty, oily residue around these areas indicates a boost leak.
    Some leaks can be almost impossible to detect visually, which is why it's highly recommended to have your car smoke leak tested.

When I had mine done it revealed 4 boost leaks!!! 2 of which, I would have never found. The 5th remaining leak I found once I purchased a Mityvac, because the vacuum hose to the boost gauge was only leaking above 10 psi, therefore, not detected on the smoke leak test.

A smoke leak test will save you a lot of time and potentially money trying to diagnose a boost leak.

All main dealers have smoke leak test machines.
    Last edited by LeeT5; Tuesday 22nd March 2016 at 06:58.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Bigsi15 (Tuesday 22nd March 2016)

it...
    Thanks
    Thanks leet5 this is very helpful and food for thought. I wouldn't be surprised if I have a boost leak somewhere tbh. Il try the vacuum check valves and give it a good look over.

I don't recall any issues with idle or revs dropping too low, codes were clear last time I checked and I'm not sure what ptfe tubing is lol but both the Volvo stock gauge and aftermarket gauge both show the same thing, as far as vac lines go they are almost all pretty new and seem in good shape other than the ones with those check valves in interestingly... Anyone know a good source for good vac lines for these cars and sizings? Might just do them all anyway

Thanks again

Thread Information