Join Today
    Bored it now need to build
    it...
    Thanks

Heated rear seats

Hi guys
    I know this has been partly covered in other areas but I could do with a bit more guidance. Trying to retro fit heated rear seats. Seems my seats were pre wired for the heater pads so Iv used some old front seat pads in the back. Also found some rear switches but now it seems I don't have any centre console wiring. Iv heard that the yellow connector by the obd2 port may be the one I need but the part list from Volvo shows otherwise...

Does anyone know the wiring for this and even better have a picture of the wiring in situ?

If anyone is selling this wiring and the relay 214 I'm also interested!

Thanks very much!
    Si

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Here is the wiring diagram and layout for the rear heated seats. Looks like there is a connector for the switches by the obd port as you say.

Hope this helps
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

it...
    Thanks
    Thanks DD going to take some thinking to get my head around that! I can't upload photos on my phone for some reason but the printout from vadis or whatever it is at my dealer the wiring looks like it is part of the main wiring not the yellow connector on its own. Also bloody expensive!!

New Identity
    Thanks
    It's possible the wiring should be there to the connector under the obd2 port area, just needs the 6/7 wires to go to the switches and the relay. If it was an option then they wouldn't want to be replacing large parts of the loom that thread through parts of the dash that never see daylight

You could test for voltage on pin 1 of the connector as this is for the switch illumination.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.

it...
    Thanks
    Thanks DD I think your right though. From what I read the fuse box and the relay area are wired it's just the switches that aren't

it...
    Thanks
    I don't suppose any very kind hearted lucky person with an 850 with heated rear seats would mind posting up a picture of the wiring inside the centre console between the switches and fuse box?! I know that's a big ask but would be amazing if anyone has some pics as the wiring from Volvo seems different to what I imagined. They show the wires as part of a larger loom with the large connector by the gear selector but I was under the impression it is the little yellow connector up that end..?

it...
    Thanks
    Name:  rear seat wiring.png
Views: 0
Size:  1.60 MB

it...
    Thanks
    this is the section under the OBD2 port in my manual. I thought this yellow socket was for the rear heated seat switches but the volvo VIDA image doesnt seem to match

it...
    Thanks
    Name:  VIDA rear seat wiring.png
Views: 0
Size:  341.5 KB

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I have the wiring and the relay. Took me ages to find both.

On the wiring harness if you go to another forum and do a search you will find the thread. In there is a helpful member from Berlin who made my centre console harness. If you ask him nicely he might do one for you.

The relay - I got a genuine one from Volvo. I called Redditch Volvo and spoke to a guy (won't name one here for obv reasons) & he got me one. It took him a few days to find but if I recall it came from the classic parts in the USA and took 14 days to come to me. Can't remember what I paid but I think it was around £30 for it.

I would sell you mine but I'm going to retro fit to my new 850 once I find a new interior. The center console wire I believe you can no longer buy genuine.

hope that helps
    Andy

New Identity
    Thanks
    The other diagrams only show those three connectors

From your photo it looks like the yellow connector only has 2 pins?

it...
    Thanks
    Thanks DD that's a very interesting diagram, yes my yellow connector only has two pins in it as far as I can tell but from your diagram it looks just like that is the connector for the rear heated seat switch but doesn't seem to be what Volvo thinks from what they sent me

Thread Information