Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

IMMOBILISER SEE MANUAL- got this message??

OMG!! I dont believe it! I have FINALLY solved a problem that I have with my 2.0D V50- one that I have had for months now and had got so bad as I was seriously on the verge of selling it! I feel I have to pass it on to others "just in case.."

I asked on here ages ago (or was it one of the many other forums?) whether anyone had ideas why my fuel return was dropping massively and why the car intemittently kept semi stalling when trying to start away from junctions and traffic lights..

I had a terraclean and then mechanics trying to sort out with VIDA reads- nothing, no clues. Had just booked it in to have all the injectors taken out and tested- expense was going to be huge.A new battery didnt sort it either.
    This problem was also made worse by electrical gremlins- every day I had some sort of trik the car would play- the wipers wouldnt work when they felt like it, the indicators both go off, messages that the brakes were failing, stupid external temperature reads..and so on.

Then..this made even worse by 4 recent breakdowns- failed to start or went into limp mode with the message "Immobiliser See Manual" and "Brake Failure Stop Immediately" the breakdown guys couldnt figure it out either and towed me home.
    So with it sat dead as a dodo on my drive I sat with my laptop and researched and researched and wrote down all possibilities. Until I found THE answer!!!
    And OMFGG was it simple! Took me all of 20 seconds to sort out and cost not a penny nor needed a single tool!.....

Right at the back of the passenger footwell is the ECM yes? And going into the ECM are 2 cores of wires that clip into the ECM with like a belt like clasp over clip. I just undid and clipped up again both these cables and VOILA!!! Fixed!! Fired up like a good un and has been sweet as a nut since -ALL those problems were sorted by this simple action.

When you look where its situated, its very easy for the clips to get knocked by hoover heads when cleaning- or even restless feet in the footwell.And its common apparently for these to come loose or suffer a little oxidation that is sorted by my actions.
    SO-if you have any silly probs that you can`t fathom-then maybe check this one out, especially as it takes only seconds.
    To say Im delighted is not doing justice to the word!- I LOVE my V50 and now I get to keep it and trust it again..woohooo. lol.

Southern AA patrol.
    Thanks
    This is a common problem. Same as on Ford Focus. I hadn't seen this post otherwise I would have given you some advice. Best thing is to cable tie clips down tight so that they don't come loose. This can give many many different faults depending on what plug has poor connection. Wipers going when car is locked, headlights staying on and also alarm going off when lights turned on!
    Pleased you sorted it out.
    1999 Volvo C70, 2.5T Auto.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AAnickmac For This Useful Post:

broski (Saturday 30th April 2016),LeeT5 (Monday 22nd February 2016)

Car cleaning should be classed
    as a new form of exercise
    Thanks
    Well done, it's a pity it was discovered earlier eh?

TT
    V60 D4 Cross Country AWD.... It owns my soul

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Thong For This Useful Post:

broski (Saturday 30th April 2016)

Thread Information