Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Elevate downpipe w cat

hi can anyone tell me if its possible to install a rica stage 3 remap with just a elevate downpipe w/cat and upgraded intercooler...?
    I want to use the original standard cat back exhaust because I don't like noise...
    Any advice is appreciated...
    Thanks

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    You can install a stage 3 map, but you won't get the benefit, as it won't have the supporting mods.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stribo View Post
    You can install a stage 3 map, but you won't get the benefit, as it won't have the supporting mods.
    Hi what are the supporting mods needed...?
    I want more power but don't want any noise...
    Thanks for the reply

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Looking at the RICA site the supporting mods are:

- Large high flow Intercooler
    - Large bore race-cat downpipe
    - Optional sports cat-back exhaust

http://www.rica.nl/chiptuning.php#chiptuning

It does say optional but as far as I know if you leave the original exhaust in place the back pressure will be higher, so as above you won't get all of the benefit of the stage 3. Unless RICA themselves have tested the car with & without 'sports' cat back it might be hard to get a definite answer

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Why not purchase a resonated cat-back? Something with only a little more noise but nothing too killer.
    It seems silly not helping the car breathe and trying to make gains
    VOC C30 Register Keeper
    V70 R-Design - Previous Cars - 305bhp C30 R-Design T5 - V40 - XC90 D5 SE Lux - MY10.5 C30 R-Design - S80 T6 - C30 R-Design MY09 - S80 T6 - S90 3.0 24v - 760 Turbo Intercooler & V6

Old Fat Git with Grey Beard
    Need to prepare to do
    Santa-ing
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,999 Times in 1,826 Posts
    The supporting mods is going to give you the best outcome for that particular map. To be honest, if you are looking for a different set up a custom map may be better.
    Any suggestions, information, complaints or grievances relating to this forum please feel free to contact us, talk to a mod or administrator

Cars : 2009 VW Passat CC 140 CR & 2015 VW Golf R. Uploaded Albums. Past Statuses (Or is that Stati?). Past Posts.

Trader
    This user has no status

Thanks
    I presume that you have a C30 T5.

The particularly well received Swedish written MTE software calibrations that I presently have on offer at £345 will give you 260bhp with 420nm of torque in stage 1 form without the necessity of changing any part of the exhaust.

Their stage 2/3 calibrations, similarly priced, will give your outputs of 280bhp and 430nm provided you fit both downpipe with special 100cel cat and 'cat back'. I stock the Swedish made Ferrita exhausts that you can find and order here on my website: http://kalmar-union.com/parts/volvo-...0c70-exhausts/. Those prices include VAT and UK mainland delivery.

Ferrita's cat back systems have two silencer boxes and are not loud, they do however change the exhaust note both inside and outside the car.

You can install the Stage 2/3 software pending changing the entire exhaust system. The manufacturers' component protection codes that MTE do not change will sense the absence of the Ferrita exhaust, either the complete one or the absence of just the 'cat back' through heat and pressure values and will pull back on the higher set targets. With a complete change of exhaust you will achieve the set higher targets.

However, generally without an aftermarket, larger intercooler of very good quality or water injection you will find that when pressing on in warmer weather or on track the ECU will again sense temps. and pressures not to its liking and again pull back on the higher set targets.

Don.
    Last edited by don kalmar union; Saturday 13th February 2016 at 00:05.
    MTE performance software, Ferrita stainless exhausts, TME stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

Thread Information