Join Today
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    This user has no status

Thanks
    AFAIK you'll need the dealer to code the subwoofer mate, it's part of he carconfig in the CEM module, iirc it needs to open a relay in the REM.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
    AFAIK you'll need the dealer to code the subwoofer mate, it's part of he carconfig in the CEM module, iirc it needs to open a relay in the REM.
    when i fitted mine it,It was just plug and play and off it went.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    when i fitted mine it,It was just plug and play and off it went.
    Hoping the same. I checked and I do have the amp under the drivers seat too. Guess we will soon know. I have another problem now though, just discovered IPD's YouTube channel, can't get anything done as I'm addicted.

V70r 6Speed Auto
    First car to put a smile back on my face for years!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BigGreg For This Useful Post:

Paul,S60r (Thursday 4th February 2016)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    If the car is cable equipped then it will just plug in and work, like Harvey says.

Regards IPDs utube channel, lol! Get your car sorted, code free and 'stage 0' ready, before you even think about modding mate. Live with it for 6 months and get used to it. Learns its niggles and iron out any faults, nipping them in the bud before they escalate. If you want to enjoy your R and keep on top of it....learn to listen to it ;-)
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

BigGreg (Friday 29th January 2016)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Yup, as said above, do not attempt any performance mods, before the car is at stage 0.
    Make sure all filters, oil, spark plugs, ignition coils, fluids in gearbox, Angle gear, rear diff, AOC, replaced, then your DEM and propshaft + bearings have no issues.
    After that check Fuel line, Fuel pump(duty cycle), FPS, PEM, Injectors. Check the PCV system, TCV, MAF and vacum lines are in order, no leaks and work as should.
    Afrer these, I would check the suspension parts, engine mounts etc.

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

8. The Following User Says Thank You to htomi For This Useful Post:

BigGreg (Friday 29th January 2016)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    So this will be interesting, wonder how the wifes Electric Leaf copes with snow!

V70r 6Speed Auto

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Just fitted the subwoofer, all ok! Took longer to unwrap the packaging than to fit. Need a couple of bits from Volvo to tidy up but well happy it all worked first time. So happy.

Last edited by BigGreg; Monday 1st February 2016 at 23:32.

V70r 6Speed Auto

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigGreg For This Useful Post:

Harvey (Monday 1st February 2016),LeeT5 (Tuesday 2nd February 2016)

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    great you are happy ,now to adjust the Bass untill your happy, little knob on amp on sub.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    great you are happy ,now to adjust the Bass untill your happy, little knob on amp on sub.
    Set it half way, was full up when it arrived. The sounds are just awesome now, very happy. Will order the bits and bobs I need for the jack etc tomorrow when I am in at Volvo Edinburgh getting my RTI issue diagnosed.

V70r 6Speed Auto

No replacement for
    displacement!
    Thanks
    Nice one!

The circular indentation below the label has a circular knob with bolt that screws down into a captive nut on a metal bracket. Stops it rattling.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Redbrick For This Useful Post:

BigGreg (Monday 1st February 2016)

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbrick View Post
    Nice one!

The circular indentation below the label has a circular knob with bolt that screws down into a captive nut on a metal bracket. Stops it rattling.
    Problem. Is you can't get them from. Volvo anymore..

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Just use a 40mm long 6mm diameter threaded bolt with a large flat washer.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well just dropped car at Murray Volvo and I have to say they did not fill me with confidence when I explained what LeeT5 and I wanted them to check. But he took loads of notes and said they would try. So now awaiting the phone call.
    Sub not rattling at the moment, jack was wedged behind it. That will do until I come across some 6mm threaded rod.

V70r 6Speed Auto

This user has no status

Thanks
    Nice! Congrats! Btw where did you get the sub?

SOLD - 2004 Volvo V70R GT/Titanium Gray/Gobi - 103000 Miles, Bilstein B6 Front, Resonator delete, do88 Intake, do88 Lower Intercooler pipe, Forge CBV with green spring, Grey Pierburg TCV, Viva Strut Bar Conversion Kit, 17'Pegasus, 235/45/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    No.

Then you have two options.

1. Buy this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-VO...MAAOSw~otWgyiu

Volvo don't make them anymore and they are incredibly hard to get hold of in working condition. The amp fans fail and the amp overheats, this is what kills them! Fans can be bought new on ebay for £10.
    A bargain, I can tell you, and will transform the sound you hear in the car. Though I question whether you have the 'Dynaudio' speakers in your car....A main dealer will be able to tell you, as will VIDA/DICE.

2. Remove and sell the stock headunit (if you don't have a sub in the boot) and retro fit your own headunit, amp and sub.
    Lee found the Subwoofer on Ebay. Offered and got for £230 wanted £250+postage.

V70r 6Speed Auto

This user has no status

Thanks
    Nice catch! Definitely on my list for the future.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    So got car back today from Murray Volvo Edinburgh. They investigated Sat Nav issue and diagnosed RTI box as faulty (Leet5 will need a chat), they confirmed my software for the suspension was the latest version and recalibrated it. Checked level sensors (by disconnecting), bushes and front shocks and found all to be ok. So I was happy enough with that, the RTI will now be removed and sent to Lee's contact for fixing. Then I can go about installing the Imiv and Bluetooth when up and running. Before I left I ordered the jack holder, new screw anchor for space saver and the strap for the jack holder. They are even going to post out to me to save me going back in to fetch. Shame I had to be so persistent with old parts chap, told me there was no Sub option on a V70 hence why he could not find the bits I wanted. Ten mins later he declared "never seen that before" !!!!!!

V70r 6Speed Auto

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    You didn't take the numbers I listed then. the parts in my local dealer is over the service counter, but the parts guy just says go around to the Trade counter and he sorts out what I want he even remembers the cars reg now.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthre...l=1#post747306

Just remember the jack holder doesn't fit you will be there for a bit cutting it down to size .just be careful as the foam is quite hard to trim to size.
    Last edited by Harvey; Wednesday 3rd February 2016 at 17:24.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Harvey;796068]You didn't take the numbers I listed then. the parts in my local dealer is over the service counter, but the parts guy just says go around to the Trade counter and he sorts out what I want he even remembers the cars reg now.

Sorry Harvey, was going to order from FDF but when I was there it seemed the right thing to do. Guy was ok, asked me through the back in to the stores while he struggled on the PC. To be fair I think he would have been much quicker with old style microfeesh thing. But done now. But away tomorrow to London till Tuesday so all on hold till then. Had a blast down to Dunbar this afternoon 120miles round trip, wife pipes up I think you love this car more than you love me. I couldn't answer!!��

V70r 6Speed Auto

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=BigGreg;796075]
    You didn't take the numbers I listed then. the parts in my local dealer is over the service counter, but the parts guy just says go around to the Trade counter and he sorts out what I want he even remembers the cars reg now.

Sorry Harvey, was going to order from FDF but when I was there it seemed the right thing to do. Guy was ok, asked me through the back in to the stores while he struggled on the PC. To be fair I think he would have been much quicker with old style microfeesh thing. But done now. But away tomorrow to London till Tuesday so all on hold till then. Had a blast down to Dunbar this afternoon 120miles round trip, wife pipes up I think you love this car more than you love me. I couldn't answer!!��

Funny your wife say that same here , but I say to close to call...

Thread Information