Join Today

Threaded View

All the ladies love it
    sideways!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,332 Posts

460 T4 craziness.

Seeing that for some reason I keep being drawn to 400 series', I've decided to do something a bit special with one.

I've found a fairly mint 460 in white, so have decided to have a bash at something that's been niggling me for a long time now - a T4 conversion.

Most will call me an idiot for attempting this, but I think it'll be something pretty unique if I can pull it off, as far as I know it's never been done. Not in the UK anyway.
    There was a 480 in Poland I think, but that just disappeared of the face of the planet when nearly complete.
    Also, the maths speak volumes:
    A fully specced 460 weighs in at 1100kg, a good 200kg lighter than an X40.
    If I can run at around 250-260bhp I'll have a power to weight ratio of around 225bhp to the tonne.
    Should be exciting

This is still firmly in the planning phase, trying to figure out whether to go for a P1 or 2 for all my bits.

This will be pretty slow burning, as I've got loads on at the moment.
    At some point over the next few months I'll start looking for a crashed/rotton S/V40 to donate it's heart.

For now, here's a couple of pics from the seller's ad:

Should look pretty good parked up next to The Black Shark

Cheers for looking, next update - probably Christmas.

Oh, it's got a name: The White Widowmaker.
    Probably going to be quite appropriate, as it'll probably kill me in a comedy fireball

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doingitsideways For This Useful Post:

craigoodwood (Thursday 14th January 2016),t5 pete (Wednesday 13th January 2016)

Thread Information