Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Wink Mayo on dip stick

HI there could anyone put my mind at rest please, I have had mayo on my oil dip stick for some time now, passably years, there is none present under the oil filler cap all clean and there is known present in the expansion tank ether, I have pointed this out to my local garage where i get my car serviced, he told me that its normal for cars that only do short distances so not to worry, but I am not to sure about this so can anyone tell me if this is so,I am also going to change my accelerator cable soon because it has become very stiff and is hard to press down, has anyone changed theirs and if so where did you get a new cable from? i have seen them for sale on ebay for about £45 but this was for a manual gear box my car is auto, many thanks for you help and I do appreciate any advice you can give me, O I forgot to mention my car is a 1998 v70 10v it has done 14000 miles and it runs on lpg. many thanks again Ged

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Mayo is common don't worry about it just condensation due to the location of it,
    Usually only auto cables are available but I've only ever looked for t5 one's, as long as the wheel it attaches to has 2 different sizes you'll be fine larger one is manual smallerauto but it ddon't really make much difference

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

This user has no status

Thanks
    Many thanks for you comment so pleased it's a common problem .many thanks for your input Ged

Thread Information