Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

200 series roll cage

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone on here has or knows of anyone who's got a full bolt in cage for a 200 series Volvo they have for sale? i that i could get one from safety devices but thought id see on here first.

Thanks,

Craig

This user has no status

Thanks
    guessing thats a no then lol

Bird is the word!
    Thanks
    Hi mate, not many 200 series guys on this forum. Possibly best looking on volvoforums that have a specific 200 series section?

To answer your question, not heard or seen one tbh. would it need to be up to latest regs?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dionbullock For This Useful Post:

craig260gle (Sunday 13th December 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi mate,
    Thanks for replying to my post. I did wonder when i joined this forum. there seems to be a lot of the new model guys on here isn't there. It doesn't need to be up to the latest specs. I let one go a while ago and it was the biggest mistake of my life lol. Now i can't find one anywhere with out page stupid amounts for. I am a member of the volvoforum site but I haven't used it for a little while and have forgotten my password lol.

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    could you not adapt one from a similar car?
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

This user has no status

Thanks
    i wouldn't no what other car has the same sort of shape and i also don't have the welding stuff if i would need to do that sort of stuff. think I'm just going to have to go with safety devices and pay full price

This user has no status

Thanks
    Please PLEASE bear in mind a "bolt in" cage still needs lots of load spreading plates fabricating and welding in. If, for example, you just lay the feet of the main hoop and rear triangulation bars on the floor pan and rear wheel arches, drill and bolt in, in a heavy roll they will just punch through the thin sheet metal. They *MUST* have hefty load spreaders fabricated and again, for example, the main hoop's feet need plates that spread and are welded over a largish floor area and are also bent at 90 degrees to go against, and be seam welded to, the vertical parts of the inner sills. You MUST do this or there's little point, looks aside, in having a cage fitted.

Any decently made and fitted bolt in cage will add safety, but do little, if anything at all, for shell rigidity. Bolted junctions of essentially flat plates are not very good in torsion at all.

The last bolt in cages for 200 series I saw were by the, (I think late), John Aley. Aley Bars I think was his company name....

I believe most Safety Devices bolt in cages are made abroad and they are now just resellers. They farm out all their weld in cage work these days, then put a hefty mark up on the work. They may not mention this to you when you leave your car...
    Last edited by Basil; Monday 11th January 2016 at 14:55.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Basil For This Useful Post:

claymore (Monday 11th January 2016)

Thread Information