Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

V70 t5 2001 does anyone know big turbo

Hi all does anyone know who to get a bigger turbo from and which one works well? would be interested to hear from anyone who has already fitted a big turbo about pros and cons and on a side note anywhere to get a tubular manifold from? Thanks in advance I no there will be some great suggestions

Now in an Audi...to allow more
    time for my 850s lol
    Thanks
    Owen development for all your turbo needs:

http://www.owendevelopments.co.uk/

as for tubular manifolds I wouldn't bother - they are expensive, barely improve flow because the space is so restrictive at the back of block the turns are tight plus have a tendency to crack. You should have an ME7 exhaust manifold which flows pretty well already & can be ported & polished to improve things a bit more. Further improvement would be seen if you got the head P&P'd properly along with a larger intercooler & intake pipework. Don't forget injectors...and a remap...larger downpipe with decat/sportcat....plus larger cat back free flowing exhaust.....the list goes on....rods, your def. going to need H-beam rods.....

Then your going to want bigger brakes to stop the old bus......stiffer suspension to hoof it around corners.....oh, and definitely a LSD [gripper or Quaff] to control the additional power from your whopping big turbo when it spools up & tries to set fire to your front tyres.....did I forget to mention an uprated clutch to handle the power transfer?? then possibly a lightened flywheel to spool the revs quicker and then you'll need a quick shift to keep up...unless its an auto ...in which case it'll be an additional transmission cooler you'll be needing so you don't fry the auto box.

Welcome to Pandora's Box of Volvo tuning.......Have fun. Morgan
    Last edited by Shinsplintz 101; Wednesday 30th December 2015 at 14:17.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shinsplintz 101 For This Useful Post:

claymore (Wednesday 30th December 2015),craigoodwood (Wednesday 30th December 2015),Jamest5r (Wednesday 30th December 2015),jamesy12345 (Wednesday 30th December 2015),martin_r_smith (Wednesday 30th December 2015),Sweep (Wednesday 30th December 2015)

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    I personally prefer to buy cheap Chinese turbos and replace them every year

PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

5. The Following User Says Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

Shinsplintz 101 (Wednesday 30th December 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Hi shinsplintz I am aware of the Pandora's box but as it's soon to be off the road with the v70 and on the road with an xc90 would be nice to have something to play with that is a bit different to the norm thanks for the advice on the turbo and manifold cheers again

Thread Information