Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new lights ???

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,797 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbrick View Post
    It will split. As expected there is a metal piece in the dipped beam casing, this sort of shape _/

Can't find any instructions so unsure how to connect up the halos??

The normal bulbs have plug and play connectors.
    same here, was thinking 12volts to the 3 ??? sets of halo cables, possibly on a separate switch so I could just have them on, on there own, hope to experiment a bit later today, as just got in from nightshift

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD
    Previous Volvo's 1987 745 gle 1989 745 GL 1995 855 Olive GLE 2001 V70 p2
    My Ebay Items http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quik.connection

No replacement for
    displacement!
    Thanks
    I've ordered some Phillips Silver Vision indicator bulbs to get rid of the rank fried egg effect.

Did a bit of googling and you can wire the Halos into the side light circuit. As I have fogs but they are going to be removed for brake ducting I'm going to wire them into that circuit and use the switch on the dash.

http://www.spyderauto.com/product.ph...HL-BK&t=spyder

$271!! lol
    http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Volvo-850-A...85092-hl-c.htm

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks
    I've ordered some Phillips Silver Vision indicator bulbs to get rid of the rank fried egg effect.

Did a bit of googling and you can wire the Halos into the side light circuit. As I have fogs but they are going to be removed for brake ducting I'm going to wire them into that circuit and use the switch on the dash.
    A silvered indicator bulb will improve the look of them for sure and the fog light switch idea is great. Just been to try and get a second set of chrome ones and it looks like I've missed the boat, price had dropped to a touch over £53 a pair, plus post. All gone surprise surprise, oh well serves me right for not ordering when they dropped.

Current Volvo's 1995 854 Gul T-5R 1996 855 Olive T-5R 1997 855 Olive AWD 1999 V70R AWD and 2005 XC90 D5 AWD

No replacement for
    displacement!
    Thanks

5000K HID's in dipped, 6000K Osram LED W5W and Silvervision indictor bulbs. Look great to me but even with HID's in dipped they are very poor.

HALO's wired into front fog lights, very easy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Redbrick For This Useful Post:

MoleT-5R (Wednesday 30th December 2015)

Gearbox Killer
    Proving the power of the
    15g....13.4@104.3mph
    Thanks

5000K HID's in dipped, 6000K Osram LED W5W and Silvervision indictor bulbs. Look great to me but even with HID's in dipped they are very poor.

HALO's wired into front fog lights, very easy.
    did you try the dip's on standard bulbs or just went for the hid's straight off...?? I haven't decided which car is going to get them fitted, as I'm still a bit miffed that I missed the boat on a second set of chromes. I think the Gul will possibly get to try them first and it has one space left on the dash for a switch for the halo's, the only down side I see is you have to remove the whole headlight to change the indicator bulbs, small price to pay for a more modern look.

No replacement for
    displacement!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoleT-5R View Post
    did you try the dip's on standard bulbs or just went for the hid's straight off...?? I haven't decided which car is going to get them fitted, as I'm still a bit miffed that I missed the boat on a second set of chromes. I think the Gul will possibly get to try them first and it has one space left on the dash for a switch for the halo's, the only down side I see is you have to remove the whole headlight to change the indicator bulbs, small price to pay for a more modern look.
    I put the HID's in before I fitted them lol. I might try a more yellow set of HID's, I've got a 4300K set on the shelf.

The indicator bulbs can be removed with the lights in place as that part of the unit isn't as deep as the old indicator unit, you can get your hand in.

Regarding HALO rings, front fogs only come on with lights on so in my configuration they can not be on by themselves. With that in mind just wire them into the side light live. It's one of the wires on the inductor loom (constant 12v with ignition on and lights on).

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I was going to get some of these projectors, but then I just bought some spots. Got four 130W bulbs coming soon too!

I didn't realise the indicators had a silly orange lens in them, wanted rid of my fried eggs in the standard indicator

Is there not an auxiliary lighting switch that comes optional as standard? Could maybe wire in your Halos to that? Fill one of the blanks on the dash.

Thread Information