hi there!

I have myself a 2005 S60R 2.5T AWD with a strange issue.

I'm reasonably mechanically minded/able (I've done my own work on my cars and others for about 10 years, engine swaps, turbo converts etc.)

However this problem is fully stumping me.

Got the car from being in dry storage for a year and a half, needed new fuel and jumping but it has been fine ever since - excel the windscreen washers don't work

So basically...

1. The pump is fine - supply it 12v direct and boom, get fluid out of the jets on headlights and screen
2. The fuse is OK - replaced with the 15A blade type - it has blown a couple of times but after its replaced it doesn't blow - pump still doesn't work
3. Changed the stalk control on the steering wheel - from a known working car, still no luck.

So i'm at the point here whereby I've looked at the wiring diagrams for the car, the wiper motors on the headlights are said to be on a different fuse to the washer pump but from what i can see on my model it shares it.

Kind of silly but i have never tested if the head light wiper motors work when washing - obviously the windscreen wipers work!!

So i need to test them - if they don't work i will unplug them and try again - may be a short/dead motor causing power to ground out??

i have read that having a flat battery for a while could cause issues similar to this?? resetting some things may solve it? Battery is perfectly fine now after the jump several months ago when i bought it...

Short of that and a faulty CEM (please god no)

Any Idea's??? all help is appreciated!!!