Join Today

Thread: P2r headlamps

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts

P2r headlamps

I've never been happy with the silver in the headlamps on the p2, as the car is dark blue, and the grill is black, which on mine has some stone chips on the silver surround, so I'll black the edge out and I've always thought the new volvos looked better with darker headlamp surrounds.

It took some time but I found a pair of pre facelift xenons, which are the same as the p2r lights with black around the reflectors, quite looking forward go fitting them with the new intercooler and it's grill.

I'm looking at making something similar to the grill in the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

No replacement for
    displacement!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    I've never been happy with the silver in the headlamps on the p2, as the car is dark blue, and the grill is black, which on mine has some stone chips on the silver surround, so I'll black the edge out and I've always thought the new volvos looked better with darker headlamp surrounds.

It took some time but I found a pair of pre facelift xenons, which are the same as the p2r lights with black around the reflectors, quite looking forward go fitting them with the new intercooler and it's grill.

I'm looking at making something similar to the grill in the pic.
    Got black bi-zenons on my V70 D5, much nicer than the silver versions on a dark coloured car. As seen in my picture below.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Redbrick For This Useful Post:

Ettienne (Saturday 14th November 2015)

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    The lamp units with the filter on the high beam do cut down the light output, in the USA they like to change them to the one's that don't have the filter as they do cut down the output.

Why has someone stuck a shark fin aerial to the lower edge of the bumper ?.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    The lamp units with the filter on the high beam do cut down the light output, in the USA they like to change them to the one's that don't have the filter as they do cut down the output.

Why has someone stuck a shark fin aerial to the lower edge of the bumper ?.
    No idea that's the splitter I'm guessing it's the original Volvo v70r prototype I believe, but I'm going for the splitter (now Tc is looking into making) and a grill similar for the intercooler pictured, it's just to get the idea of the black and dark blue look unfortunately headlamps are still silver on that one

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbrick View Post
    Got black bi-zenons on my V70 D5, much nicer than the silver versions on a dark coloured car. As seen in my picture below.
    They def look good, obviously silver on a black front end as your d5 would just look odd imho.

did you upgrade them or did they come standard, not many people did the upgrade and they are hard to find.

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Shem had some for sale a while back, which I thought of buying for the S60R, but, don't think it looks odd as it is.

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Yours is black and silver, which I can understand, mines black, blue and silver, but I'll see how they look and they are in vgc.

No replacement for
    displacement!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettienne View Post
    They def look good, obviously silver on a black front end as your d5 would just look odd imho.

did you upgrade them or did they come standard, not many people did the upgrade and they are hard to find.
    Came on the car, all the special bits except nav and phone, no loss there then!

Thread Information