Join Today
    looking to get MTE Map
    Thanks

IPD TCV & Powerflex top mount

I've just bought the above items for my car but have a couple of queries.

1. With the powerflex engine top mount it came with some lubrication, I seem to remember reading on the forum about not applying this but cant find the thread where its mentioned, can anyone give me some further feed back.

2. Just bought IPD TCV as my standard one is goosed, in the instructions it state about running at half boost and moderately accelerating etc, however I don't have a boost gage fitted in my car can anyone give me some layman's terms on setting it up as I'm not sure about what my car should be boosting to even if I did have a boost gage.

Thanks in advance

Paul
    Ex Police V70 T5 SE now scrapped.
    Daily driver V60 D3 R-design

2004 C70 2.4T GT, modifications front strut brace, 19" Peg reps with white lettered tires.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    The TCV is just an actuator. The ecu will learn very quickly. Just drive the car normally until warmed up then give it a few hard WOT pulls in 2nd 3rd and 4th gears ensuring you decelerate to a stop and idle for a minute or two. You'll then need to switch off for 10 minutes and then drive the car normally. That's it!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

expolicev70t5 (Tuesday 24th November 2015)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by expolicev70t5 View Post
    I've just bought the above items for my car but have a couple of queries.

1. With the powerflex engine top mount it came with some lubrication, I seem to remember reading on the forum about not applying this but cant find the thread where its mentioned, can anyone give me some further feed back.

2. Just bought IPD TCV as my standard one is goosed, in the instructions it state about running at half boost and moderately accelerating etc, however I don't have a boost gage fitted in my car can anyone give me some layman's terms on setting it up as I'm not sure about what my car should be boosting to even if I did have a boost gage.

Thanks in advance

Paul
    I applied the lube to mine and it absolutely fine 3 yrs running.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

This user has no status

Thanks
    Mine didn't last more than 48hrs...

Have no idea why it happened. The 3 engine mounts are brand new.

Will be replacing it with a SuperPro round mount.

V70 2.4T5 M66 Summum

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ric@rdo For This Useful Post:

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Do you have a link to the super pro mount?

This user has no status

Thanks

V70 2.4T5 M66 Summum

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanks.
    Christ....2 hours figment time!! That's obviously after 5 cans of fosters! Lol.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

Ric@rdo (Tuesday 24th November 2015),Saaamon (Tuesday 24th November 2015)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric@rdo View Post
    Mine didn't last more than 48hrs...

Have no idea why it happened. The 3 engine mounts are brand new.
    Looking at the picture, I'd say you either damaged the Bush when fitting it, thou I can't see how cos those ones are not tight to fit and a two piece unit.
    Or, you've got excess movement elsewhere causing extra strain on the top mount?

This user has no status

Thanks
    The car went thru a major overhaul last month. All the performance parts listed in my signature and some maintenance parts were all done at once. The engine mounts were also replaced (part of the maintenance parts list)

The bush started to brake after the 1st drive. You can see it is this photo that was taken just after the 1st drive.

What could cause the excess movement?

V70 2.4T5 M66 Summum

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Maybe a daft question but are you sure the new lower mounts were installed correctly, if not the same thing might happen to the new top mount

This user has no status

Thanks
    It's a good question
    I'll have a look when installing the new top mount.

V70 2.4T5 M66 Summum

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric@rdo View Post

What could cause the excess movement?
    As said, lower mounts ie Transmission torque mount or engine mounts (subframe) worn or otherwise not fitted correctly, will cause excess movement at the top.

Too much strain will tear a bush, even poly. If all the lower bushes and mounts are sound then either it was damaged when fitted (poly does tear easily) OR it was a duff bush.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I also fitted the poly subframe inserts and the small poly bush in the transmission torque mount. I'm currently away but when I return I'll be having a close look at it and will report back. Cheers!

V70 2.4T5 M66 Summum

Thread Information