Hey guys i am really hoping you can help me. I am having a nightmare. I recently bought a c70 t5 2.3t 1998 and have been loving it. I was going to write a really long explination of the issue and how it occured and the fustrations i had but it it reached more than 1 page on a word document and it would bore people. So long story short my car has developed a misfire. I tried replacing the coil packs and spark plugs, which the old spark plugs were horrendous.the guy at the garage i went to said he was surprised that it was running at all. We replaced everything and still the misfire was still there. We did a compression test and found that cylinders 4 and 5 where very low. He said that he thinks that the valves have worn excessively and more than linkey burt out. To say i was devistated was an understatment at this point as i had spent almost a grand on top of the buying price of the car to that point and had got a new exhaust 3 days earlier which had cost me £500.

I am in need of a cylinder head reconditioning which i can get done for £200. But i am massively struggling to find someone in sheffield that will be willing to take on the labour for a decent price. I am in a masive dilemma as i really dont want my volvo experience to end here and i would love to have this back on the road but spending almost twice of the value of the car on the car just seems to bother me a little. I am hoping you lovely folks can point me in the righr direction of who to go to, to get a quote for this job and if you can give me any recommendations for what to do. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks peeps

Arjun