Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

New (to me) C30 T5

Evening guys,

Just bought a c30 T5 for the wife to use and for a little fun for myself when I return home - I work abroad. I paid a flat £4K for her.

I'm picking the car up early November and will drive her home. She has 120,000 plus miles on her with a FSH. I am wondering what the general consensus is with these 2.5T engines, I read they are as used in the ST. But are they as reliable as those found in the old 850 T5 or even vaguely based on them? I have no idea?

Anyway, the car is mint and has been well looked after, where I live people drive around in old Mercs and Lada's with double this mileage so I am not put off by the mileage but I am interested to what the opinions are with this little beast of an engine.

Name:  $_57-2.JPG
Views: 0
Size:  191.6 KB

2. The Following User Says Thank You to patch234 For This Useful Post:

Santa (Saturday 24th October 2015)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts

Nice car.....I fancy one but waiting for them to be cheaper!! Not a bad price that though

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Welcome to the forum. Nice car and I hope that it goes well for you.

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    Nice, quite like the C30 T5, only issue with the 2.5 is the liners can split, though it doesn't mean they will, and you can shim them to prevent it, or even afterwards if they haven't split badly.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I have decided to do a few little mods on this to make it a little nicer for the wife.

I will look into a Denison or a Parrot for iPhone connectivity - Anyone have any other ideas on what can be done to this stereo on the floating dash for this?

Will get the roof wrapped in the same colour as the body kit (java pearl) and maybe the rear spoiler and wing mirrors too

I have bought some LED headlights and sidelights - Will fit these next week and then look to replace all lights with LED

Lastly will get it health checked and serviced. All this in a week hopefully, as I will only get a week in the UK until xmas.

Thanks for the comments guys

Thread Information