Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Re-coding Volvo 480 Radio

Hi,

I need some help in re-coding my original Volvo 480 radio. I have the code but can't for the life of me work out how to enter the numbers. I have preset numbers 1-4 but the code has numbers above 4. I realise using the up/down buttons changes the number but how do you enter each one, when you have arrived at the correct number? There is no obvious enter button.

Also, when you have entered the code, how do you finalise the operation or does it do it automatically?

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by K605ewa View Post
    Hi,

I need some help in re-coding my original Volvo 480 radio. I have the code but can't for the life of me work out how to enter the numbers. I have preset numbers 1-4 but the code has numbers above 4. I realise using the up/down buttons changes the number but how do you enter each one, when you have arrived at the correct number? There is no obvious enter button.

Also, when you have entered the code, how do you finalise the operation or does it do it automatically?
    Here mate

http://www.volvo-480-europe.org/foru...p?f=18&t=27881

//edit

doh sorry just noticed you posted in that one already

Captain Slow says:

Turn it on. Display will say ''code''. Hold down the '1' on the pre-sets until it bleeps and one digit flashes. Enter the first digit of your code by scrolling through the numbers using the right&left arrows, when you have the correct number press '1' and you move onto the second digit. enter 3rd&4th in same manner, after 4th hold down '1' and you should have your radio once more!

Is that not the answer? Choose your number using the arrows then press '1'
    Last edited by jamesy12345; Saturday 24th October 2015 at 15:22.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesy12345 For This Useful Post:

K605ewa (Saturday 24th October 2015)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks Jamesy...all went perfectly. Radio works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to K605ewa For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Saturday 24th October 2015)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Need 2 new springs for my 480 GT alongside 4 shockers.........who's the best for these? I have decided to raise the GT at the front. It looks good wedgy, 40mm nose down but oh gaud the English roads are sooooooooooooo bad. Can't be doing with the brain ache any more.

Thread Information