Join Today
    Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks

Exclamation n/a cam timing on a 850 t5

right im gonna attempt the swap over tommorow!! i have no problem swapping the n/a cams for my standard t5 items i think ive got it sussed (time will soon tell) but i hear the timing is different,so what will happen if fit the n/a cams and use the origanal timing marks?? is it vital to adjust the timing as i havent got a timing tool,and im not sure what one id need,ive seen all different types!! would a timing disk be ok?? does anyone have experience with this mod that could maybe shed some light on the subject any advice would be great

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    N/A intake cam must be retarded by 4 degrees.

N/A exhaust cam must be advanced by 5 degrees.

LINK
    Last edited by p fandango; Thursday 29th December 2011 at 07:31.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

theflyingbrick (Thursday 29th December 2011)

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    thanks mr fandango

full respray..plenty of body mods..comets..ray cat back noise pipe..decat and wrapped downpipe..me7 exhaust manifold..3" throttle body with ported inlet manifold..blue injectors..adjustable fuel reg..reverse intercooler pipework..19t..open cone air filter..255 fuel pump..m-r-p short shift..boost gauge..unknown remap..adjustable suspension..lightweight crank pulley..n/a cams..stripped out interior..and a heavy right foot

This user has no status
    Thanks
    no thanks to me then??!! lmao!
    .....sooper moose. '97 850R manual. Yum yum.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Niles For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingbrick View Post
    right im gonna attempt the swap over tommorow!! i have no problem swapping the n/a cams for my standard t5 items i think ive got it sussed (time will soon tell) but i hear the timing is different,so what will happen if fit the n/a cams and use the origanal timing marks?? is it vital to adjust the timing as i havent got a timing tool,and im not sure what one id need,ive seen all different types!! would a timing disk be ok?? does anyone have experience with this mod that could maybe shed some light on the subject any advice would be great
    ipd cam timing tool. cost appx 32 delivered from European tuning. The only tool I'd use!!!
    .....sooper moose. '97 850R manual. Yum yum.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Niles For This Useful Post:

Cookie Monster
    its getting there
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    no thanks to me then??!! lmao!
    lol i didnt even realise at first glance,but ive just re read so thanks niles much appreciated

right now im gonna ask probably the stupidest question!! regarding the timing couldnt i just turn the cams in conjunction with the notches on the belt!! coz if the timing puts the pulleys so they dont sit in the grooves then they will have to move slightly to accomdate,is there not some tolerance with the timing??

This user has no status

Thanks
    Sorry for awaking an old thread but im confused and could not find any answer...

Im drivig 855 with B5204T (2.0 t5) and i have NA cams BUT previous owner told me its timed bu the marks...so it means they timed it standard. Car runs fine but im wondering is it ok to time na cams in 0 ? Whats happening in my engine right now when the timinig is 0? Thanks!

EDIT:

P.S. Is it better to put back my stock t5 cams than to run NA cams in 0 ?
    Last edited by Chaki; Saturday 17th October 2015 at 13:32.

Thread Information