Join Today
    Yay....it's fixed
    Thanks

Pillar Boost Gauge Instalation

Hi Gents,

has anyone mounted a pillar boost gauge, i have the gauge and pod on order, just wondering if anyone has fitted one and what are the best locations to run piping and where to get the power source from.

Cheers Craig

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I'm not sure about on these, but on past cars I've found a grommet in the bulkhead and gone through that.

Just noticed your in Aberdeen too! That's another one of us.

Pm volvokid, he's out at cruden bay with a flash green V70R and he's got a boost gauge in his
    2001 S60 T5

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bones For This Useful Post:

Craigtange (Friday 25th September 2015)

Yay....it's fixed
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    I'm not sure about on these, but on past cars I've found a grommet in the bulkhead and gone through that.

Just noticed your in Aberdeen too! That's another one of us.

Pm volvokid, he's out at cruden bay with a flash green V70R and he's got a boost gauge in his
    Ah, good to see there are more of us up here now i think if i remember correctly his is mounted on his door, i seen a thread for that one, i spotted another black v70 r cutting around ellon also. i dont think it will be too hard to do, it would just be handy to not have to make mistakes

A very bad whale

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 870 Posts
    IPD have a good video online showing how to route pipe work through a grommet at the door pillar and where to pick up the power supply for backlighting.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orca2 For This Useful Post:

Bones (Friday 25th September 2015),Craigtange (Friday 25th September 2015)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Aye I've seen a few now, there's a grey V70R and there used to be a flash green s60r in torry.

I'll keep an eye out for you, I'll be in the silver S60 T5 with the V70 Ferrita poking out the back (still need to get in to get a better looking tailpipe) I'll probs do what I do when I see martyn though, I get over excited and flash him with my wipers!
    2001 S60 T5

Yay....it's fixed
    Thanks
    ha ha ha ok so i need to keep my eyes open for a silver t5 with the wipers going. i am up beside Tullous primary school. finally got myself a house with a nice big garage and an inspection pit. i will keep my eyes open for you, i got one of graeme's 3"down pipes and the ipd oval cat back, sounds pretyy nice especially in the tunnel under union street

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Haha, well I did have a massive set of tools untill the ex threw me out so I lost the lot, that could have been a good pairing!

Think I'm going for one of Graham's down pipes aswell I reckon. Lost all my service history with the split so I'm using as an excuse to just keep the T5 and put some money into it. No one will want one with absolutely no service history and 152k on the clock!lol

I'm down just off king street, behind the cemetery! No doubt I'll spot you first......I get excited everytime I see an R! Haha
    2001 S60 T5

Thread Information