Join Today

Threaded View

Appreciative
    Thanks

Amazing economy from a 855 T5...

I wouldn't normally comment on this as we all know T5's aren't usually renowned for their economy, and that's not why we buy them, however someone may be mildly interested...

Last weekend I had a mixture of long fen roads (mainly 60mph limit), dual carriageway (70mph limit) and then 20 miles on country roads (30, 40 & 60mph limits), repeated twice to a friends house and back, total distance covered was 130 miles.

I did a full tank to tank fill and calculated the economy, plus zero'd the trip computer for a mpg comparison.

Here's the shocker, there was quite a bit of traffic so the turbo wasn't very active, with harsh acceleration on only a couple of slip roads, in fact average speed for the entire trip was just under 40 mph - somehow my T5 got a reading of 41.8mpg on the trip computer over the entire trip, calculated on the full tank to tank usage it was 40.4mpg.

I'm completely amazed, it does have an M4.4 ECU running Oblark software, plus white injectors, but this economy was a very pleasant surprise.

My elderly father uses my car sometimes when I'm over in France and he assures me he's always got 35mpg in mixed country road driving, but I'd always put that down to him not knowing where the turbo lives
    Last edited by kmb; Thursday 24th September 2015 at 14:05.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kmb For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Thursday 24th September 2015),oblark (Thursday 24th September 2015)

Thread Information