Join Today

Thread: Window Tinting

Hoping for a miracle
    Thanks

Cool Window Tinting

My last ex-cop T5 came with custom blacked window (due to tooled up coppers hiding in the back) and I have previously tinted another V70 myself with limo black which came out perfect!!

However this time I tried on the new V70 I have air bubbles all over the place and it looks sh*t! Despite having the custom shaped squeegees/ hardcard/ etc. I cant remember if last time I 'hairdryered' the film into shape on the tailgate as the pros show you.

SO does anyone know a tinting service that doesnt require the removal of a limb to pay for please ?

I still have 2 rolls of film left over so they can use mine!
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11614&dateline=143983  7674

2004 - V70 D5 -'Black Bess' - The new addition
    2002 - C70 T5 'Ragetty Anne' - awaiting rebuild long term storage

Wiping smiles off faces!

Thanks
    I know a guy who done the entire rear 5 windows on the v70 for £110 up in Yorkshire.

You'll probably find they will want to use their own film because of preference.
    But just to clarify, when he done my rear window, he cut it to shape and moulded it on the exterior of the boot. Looks smashing completed

Hoping for a miracle
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RichT4 View Post
    I know a guy who done the entire rear 5 windows on the v70 for £110 up in Yorkshire.

You'll probably find they will want to use their own film because of preference.
    But just to clarify, when he done my rear window, he cut it to shape and moulded it on the exterior of the boot. Looks smashing completed
    ahhhh I saw this on you tube but thought it was a wind up!! doing it on the outside!! Cheers mate
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11614&dateline=143983  7674

2004 - V70 D5 -'Black Bess' - The new addition
    2002 - C70 T5 'Ragetty Anne' - awaiting rebuild long term storage

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I think you must have been really luck with managing to tint the last V70.
    Most tinters will cut an approximate length of film either using a template. They then lay it on the outside of the glass and apply heat to shrink the film to the curvature of the glass and trim to closer fit.
    This cut piece is then applied to the inside glass and once all the liquid is squeedgied out the edges are trimmed to fit.
    Makes it sound easier than it looks but I'm happy to hand it to a decent tinter to do. And not really that expensive all things considered.
    I'd avoid the mobile installers as you really need to do this kind of work in a workshop.
    - being Chinese I eat a lot of rice but you won't find me driving one!!

Thread Information