Join Today
    Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts

HELP...... 850 deadlocks

I can't open either of the passengers side doors.

I have no remote for the car and the only door with a lock is the tailgate.

The car was locked yesterday by pushing the botton down on the drivers door, this locked all the doors apart from the boot which was locked with a key.

I unlocked the car this morning by unlocking the boot, climbing throu to unlock the drivers side rear door then the drivers door.
    I've fitted a lock to the drivers door now but that will only lock/unlock the drivers door.

How do I get the passengers side doors to open ?????

The disc cutter is ready if all else fails.

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

Lawnmower Boy
    Now known as WAPAHO!!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,162 Posts
    With you ECU can you not reprogram a fob to work?
    I think breaking deadlocks needs a key, but maybe seat out and door cards off

Interesting that both passengers are not working. Coincidence or broken wiring?

Current Garage:
    1997 960 3.0L 24v - Polestar...(Honest guv..!!)
    1997 855 T5 S - stripped to 1300kgs gross weight - 14.2sec qtr(rank 17*)
    2001 V40 T4 SE - 14.199@100.15MPH - Hybrid Turbo/VXR injectors and DeCat(Rank 15*)
    *Data Sept 2013
    Any Stuff For Sale - check out my Ebay link

Ghost Rider
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JUDGENINJA View Post
    With you ECU can you not reprogram a fob to work?
    I think breaking deadlocks needs a key, but maybe seat out and door cards off

Interesting that both passengers are not working. Coincidence or broken wiring?
    Or a 9" disc cutter.

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

4. The Following User Says Thank You to oblark For This Useful Post:

twr (Sunday 30th August 2015)

Ghost Rider
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    After a afternoon of in car acrobatics I manged to get the door cards off.

The rear door was just a case a lifting the central locking actuator arm up and with a bit of WD40 it works fine.

The passengers front door was a bit of a battle to lift the actuator arm but after a while the door was unlocked.

With the doors open and the striker arms pushed in as if the door was shut it was the passengers front door actuator that is causing the problem. With both the passengers side doors actuators disconnected electrically the doors can be locked and unlocked from the inside.

Just need to pop down to the 850 store and get a passengers front door lock.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to oblark For This Useful Post:

Shinsplintz 101 (Sunday 30th August 2015)

Now in an Audi...to allow more
    time for my 850s lol
    Thanks
    Good fun getting the rear doorcards off whilst the doors are locked shut eh!?! Just had to do it on the old man's 850 to replace the n/s lock unit. Pain in the derriere. Glad you got it sorted without having to resort to the grinder

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinsplintz 101 For This Useful Post:

oblark (Monday 31st August 2015)

Ghost Rider
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Well I fitted the replacemnet front passengers door lock, locked the car and all doors locked, went to unlock it and the only door to unlock was the drivers door, all the other doors where lock and wouldn't open.

I forced the central locking actuator on the front passengers up and all the locked doors unlocked. So the drivers lock will lock the car and when unlocked it only unlocks the drivers door. To unlock the rest of the car the passengers lock needs to be activated. So I removed the lock from the drivers door and fitted to it to the passengers door and bingo I can now lock and unlock the car with a key in the passengers door.

Weird why it wont work on the drivers door.

Now in an Audi...to allow more
    time for my 850s lol
    Thanks
    The plot thickens.....got to love Volvo....they either work very well or are a complete pain!

Thread Information