Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 850 project

old skool rules

Thanks

My 850 project

Well it's time to do a build thread on her. I've owned this for a few years now, In between that I sold it to my mate who basiclly didn't treat her as she should so I managed to get her back. She is a low mileage girl (92k) and I bought her off a gent which had owned her from new. I even have the original bill of sale. I've done a lot to her of late. I've done the pcv ( thanks tomcat), had a full turbo back system with decat from bcs in haydock who I would highly recommend. Done the brakes all round inc.ferodo ds2500 pads. Changed all bushes for powerflex, rebuilt the steering rack (never again!!). I've done the turbo oil seals, changed the springs and fitted new wheels etc. ohh and I mustn't forget the r spoiler I bought off tc
    Tbh a lot but I am a perfectionist lol
    Sorry I don't have many pics at present as I lost them all off my bloody iPhone.

I no they are a bit dirty the wheels, it was after I had had the tyres fitted

I will get some more pics up soon
    2.5" custom built exhaust system with decat (bcs automotive). Rip kit. Custom built cold air feed with itg filter. Black diamond discs with ferodo ds2000 pads. Black edition polybushed wishbones & top engine mount. Polybushed subframe mounts and lower engine mount. Adjustable front camber bolts. Strut brace. Custom made brock alloy wheels. H&r lowering springs. Mbc. Hlm 304map. 52mm boost gauge with orange needle and black back to match original dials. Tomcat r spolier built into bumper.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to twr For This Useful Post:

Biff (Sunday 30th August 2015),Jamest5r (Sunday 16th August 2015),jamesy12345 (Sunday 16th August 2015),Saaamon (Sunday 16th August 2015),t5 pete (Sunday 16th August 2015),The Flying Moose (Sunday 16th August 2015),WOODY T5 (Sunday 16th August 2015)

old skool rules

Thanks

One of the bay, it's a bit cleaner now.
    2.5" custom built exhaust system with decat (bcs automotive). Rip kit. Custom built cold air feed with itg filter. Black diamond discs with ferodo ds2000 pads. Black edition polybushed wishbones & top engine mount. Polybushed subframe mounts and lower engine mount. Adjustable front camber bolts. Strut brace. Custom made brock alloy wheels. H&r lowering springs. Mbc. Hlm 304map. 52mm boost gauge with orange needle and black back to match original dials. Tomcat r spolier built into bumper.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to twr For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Sunday 16th August 2015)

All the ladies love it
    sideways!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Mmm... Not many about in white at all

Looks lovely.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doingitsideways For This Useful Post:

twr (Sunday 16th August 2015)

old skool rules

Thanks
    Thanks Mr.Sideways

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twr For This Useful Post:

Doingitsideways (Sunday 16th August 2015)

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Back in a V70 and happy!!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Very nice and I look forward to seeing where she goes...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to foammanmark For This Useful Post:

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Have you got a pic from the front end?

old skool rules

Thanks

Only one I have at the mo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to twr For This Useful Post:

foammanmark (Sunday 16th August 2015)

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    She looks beautiful......

15. The Following User Says Thank You to foammanmark For This Useful Post:

old skool rules

Thanks
    Cheers pal, means a lot

SpongeBob Foamypants
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twr View Post
    Cheers pal, means a lot
    So many 'new cars' in white nowadays, to see an older car in white is awesome imo.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to foammanmark For This Useful Post:

old skool rules

Thanks
    Yea it is a great old skool colour. And it's not an ex plod which is good.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to twr For This Useful Post:

foammanmark (Sunday 16th August 2015)

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    Very nice fella. Any more jobs on it planned in the near future?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesy12345 For This Useful Post:

twr (Monday 17th August 2015)

NOS
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,341 Posts
    Looks very nice that mate

"WOODY T5 fastest volvo 850 since 2011/12/13/14 @ avon and york 13.3 112mph
    854 t5 19t gripper mte bc loads more 311.6 whp 373 foot pound 342 @ clucth
    toy cbr954

24. The Following User Says Thank You to WOODY T5 For This Useful Post:

Appreciative
    Thanks
    That looks really nice, not too over the top visually on the modifications and very clean

26. The Following User Says Thank You to kmb For This Useful Post:

old skool rules

Thanks
    Thanks guys, future plans are rip and strut brace off Pete. After September it will be sorn as always till mid April and I am planning on pulling the engine and box out to upgrade the rods, fit a 19t turbo and get plenty more cleaning done including having the rear subframe powder coated.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twr For This Useful Post:

c70geoff (Monday 17th August 2015),jamesy12345 (Monday 17th August 2015)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Looks nice!!!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to CAMO For This Useful Post:

twr (Sunday 23rd August 2015)

old skool rules

Thanks
    Well over the last few days ive put new top mounts on and put black edition powerflex bushes on new wishbones. Its made a huge difference, feels so much tighter.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    Looks very nice indeed does that mate!
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

33. The Following User Says Thank You to S70T5Chris For This Useful Post:

twr (Sunday 23rd August 2015)

old skool rules

Thanks
    Thanks chris

old skool rules

Thanks
    Name:  IMG_20150825_143530.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  939.3 KB
    Strut brace painted and fitted. Slowly getting there.

Thread Information