Join Today

Thread: what to do???

bored of thinking!!

Thanks

what to do???

i dont know what the hell to do, ive lost all enthusiasum with the R. everything i do kicks me in the dick!
    ive done so much to it and i feel like im getting no where with it.
    manual conversion
    full engine rebuild, i get this back and the injectors will not stop ticking and ive put 3sets in now but they didnt tick before, it had 3 huge oil leaks. the cam cover had at least 10 loose bolts in it,exhaust manifold was loose and a few sensors where left off. and so much more i could list!

the colour is a diffrent story for me it has to been green or black and im still trying to kid myself that i could like grey if i tryed. which puts me off painting it incase i still wont be happy with the colour even in its best.

all the intirior rattles which i know they all have.

theres loads more work ive done to it and i dont seem to have made any head way one it, money is a big issue as i dont really have any. £100 i a hell of a lot of money to me. i complety lost my rag last night i could have smashed the thing up with a bat lol!

does anyone else get like this, where it keeps you up nearly every night worrying about it.

ill be honest i want to sell up but the chances of me getting even a nice manual green t5 cd spec and next to non.

am i the only one like this???????

Still more fettling needed,
    will it never end?
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,587 Times in 3,404 Posts
    No, I had problems with the C70 last year, changed the exhaust manifold, turbo, and downpipe started it up, and there was a big exhaust leak from between the head and manifold. I could have taken a sledgehammer to the thing, but insteade I just parked it up for 6 months, (luckily I have other cars I can use) when I went back to it, it turned out I'd put three of the exhaust gaskets in the wrong way around. Sometimes you just have to walk away from it for a while, otherwise it'll drive you to despair.

All the ladies love it
    sideways!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,332 Posts
    No, I can assure you you're really not.

Unfortunately, they love to try our patience from time to time.

Myself, I'm having to take a step back from my 460 Turbo project to stop me setting fire to it.
    Random non starting that defies all logic, then bursting into life days later means that the Mrs now refuses to drive it.
    I'm in the fortunate position that I have another car for her to use though, so I'll return to it when my head's a little clearer.

I know Tomcat is struggling to keep the faith at the moment too with his V70r.
    I feel for him, as he has had an awful run of luck with it. However, he has put a hell of a lot of work into it and knows pretty much every single nut and bolt on the car.

I guess any decision is down to you.
    If you were to get rid, would you find anything else in equal condition and/or would it then come with it's own problems?
    Personally, I think the grey is the best colour for an 850R. I understand it's a personal thing though.

Feel for you, Fella

old skool rules

Thanks
    We all get like this, is it your daily ride? If not leave it for a few weeks and chill. In all my 25 years of been a petrol head I've never really had a straight forward motor that has gone smoothly, and trust me I've had a lot of cars.
    They just test our patience
    2.5" custom built exhaust system with decat (bcs automotive). Rip kit. Custom built cold air feed with itg filter. Black diamond discs with ferodo ds2000 pads. Black edition polybushed wishbones & top engine mount. Polybushed subframe mounts and lower engine mount. Adjustable front camber bolts. Strut brace. Custom made brock alloy wheels. H&r lowering springs. Mbc. Hlm 304map. 52mm boost gauge with orange needle and black back to match original dials. Tomcat r spolier built into bumper.

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    stick in there mate, as above maybe leave it alone for a bit

Or if that isn't an option...keep an eye out for an affordable mint one.....which might take a while!!

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    As above I could of burnt my bitch many many times over the last few years these are old cars now and will fight you all the way.

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamest5r For This Useful Post:

twr (Sunday 16th August 2015)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    know exactly where your at but havent attacked a car yet lol
    1995 854 t5r

bored of thinking!!

Thanks
    Well I've dragged my self to work to sort the noisy engine, changed the idler pully and gess what
    Quite engine ££££ me I'm bouncing around lol. It sounded like the inside of the engine but must have been vibrating through

Let's see if I can fix anything else. Yip eee

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to no1tosh For This Useful Post:

Doingitsideways (Sunday 16th August 2015),jamesy12345 (Sunday 16th August 2015),kmb (Monday 17th August 2015),Nealevo (Sunday 16th August 2015),smithy (Sunday 16th August 2015),stribo (Sunday 16th August 2015),twr (Sunday 16th August 2015)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    result!
    1995 854 t5r

Randomly Typed Username
    Iraq Lobster
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,497 Posts
    A little bit of work at a time helps me keep interested in a car. An all day session of work on it, where something at end goes wrong, makes me want to drive it into the sea (do a Reggie Perrin)

Just new

Thanks
    I know the feeling, mine is dead at the moment and right now I have no funds or time for it. I've even thought about stripping it for parts. Once I've got space at my workshop and I can get it moved then I know there's light at the end of a very long tunnel lol. That's what keeps me going, the potential is there so that's what I keep in mind.

bored of thinking!!

Thanks
    So it's not just me lol, it doesn't help that I work on cars for my job so when you get home you can't be arsed lol
    I've never owned a make of car that has gone so wrong so frequently, any other would have been binned off a long time ago so it's a good job I love volvos

Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by no1tosh View Post
    and the injectors will not stop ticking and ive put 3sets in now but they didnt tick before,
    The time to worry is when the injectors aren't "ticking"

Good cleaned injectors tick, gumbed injectors don't tick.

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oblark For This Useful Post:

kmb (Monday 17th August 2015),stribo (Sunday 16th August 2015)

A very bad whale

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 870 Posts
    Keep the Faith Tosh, sometimes it seems like they are more bother than they are worth.. Then you get days when you rip a wee Chav a new one in a drag race and it all seems worthwhile.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The engine in my 850R shat its self 20 miles into france 2 years ago at that moment in time i could of took a axe to it but i got it towed back to notts and the following week end took the old engine out and over a month or so got a new engine sorted and manual box etc ive owned a fair few other cars which were nicer but ive always kept my grey R even though its been off the road now for 3 months or so waiting for me to fit a rack and mot it i doubt id ever sell it lol

19. The Following User Says Thank You to nottsgreent5 For This Useful Post:

jamesy12345 (Sunday 16th August 2015)

bored of thinking!!

Thanks
    Thanks guys. I got of my are yesterday and stopped crying about it, got few small jobs done and made the world of difference. I feel headache free today .

Appreciative
    Thanks
    Glad to hear you've put things right and the car is not worrying you so much now!

I know I enquired about your Prosport Coilovers last week and my car has just passed the MOT, but I'm going to keep it closer to standard with the suspension, but thanks anyway for the info you provided.

Meh.....
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Trust me mate, you will miss it once its gone.
    I still cry myself to sleep every night.
    missing being Swedish

Previously:
    03 S40 Sport Lux 1.9d SOLD
    1998 MTE Stage 2 V70 T5 Manual SOLD
    1998 V70R AWD Manual BROKEN

Thread Information