Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status

Thanks
    I had that exact chip previously, made similar numbers to rica, about 280 bhp on my 94 t5 manual, afrs all good, not much below 3.8k but nice above that, ok for a cheapy

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    I know from speaking with rob the 304/310 remaps (which he has copies of as data / settings) are just tweaking the fuel and ignition timing and very little else.

I would say it's risky buying one, but with the 940s we buy loose chips and fit them from eBay / forum users.

It could be possible that the seller is such a person as a forum user and flashes them on, but obviously that's difficult to tell via Ebay.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ettienne For This Useful Post:

kmb (Wednesday 5th August 2015),oblark (Wednesday 5th August 2015)

Appreciative
    Thanks
    I'd suggest getting Oblark to sort a nice progressively mapped M4.4 ECU, works nicely on my T5.

Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts
    I've seen a 16t make that sort of power and then it died so for a 15g to make 317 bhp .............

The rica maps are just a fuel, ignition and boost increases within the safe boundaries of the standard map.

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oblark For This Useful Post:

Ettienne (Wednesday 5th August 2015),kmb (Wednesday 5th August 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oblark View Post
    I've seen a 16t make that sort of power and then it died so for a 15g to make 317 bhp .............

The rica maps are just a fuel, ignition and boost increases within the safe boundaries of the standard map.

Well, the boost is not extremely high, on 4th it's 1.4bar in peak and 1bar in the end. Of course, the lifetime of the turbo became less, but not so catastrophic. Such power was gained due to modifications. I'm pretty sure that I can gain a bit more by installing green injectors, raising boost to 1.5bar in peak, tuning the program of the chip and tuning the position of NA cams. But there is no need to do that, because you will bent rods. A month ago I've bent rods on my engine. I raised the boost to maximum 1.7-1.8bar and the car produced around 330-335hp, but after several drag races the engine started to knock. Than I lowered the boost to 1.4 in peak and made a dyno and several drag races with saab. So 317hp was dynode with bent rods Now I'm planning to install H-beam rods, K24 turbo. Yesterday the quaife was installed in gearbox.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Buddy-T5 For This Useful Post:

martin_r_smith (Wednesday 5th August 2015)

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy-T5 View Post
    Well, the boost is not extremely high, on 4th it's 1.4bar in peak and 1bar in the end. Of course, the lifetime of the turbo became less, but not so catastrophic. Such power was gained due to modifications. I'm pretty sure that I can gain a bit more by installing green injectors, raising boost to 1.5bar in peak, tuning the program of the chip and tuning the position of NA cams. But there is no need to do that, because you will bent rods. A month ago I've bent rods on my engine. I raised the boost to maximum 1.7-1.8bar and the car produced around 330-335hp, but after several drag races the engine started to knock. Than I lowered the boost to 1.4 in peak and made a dyno and several drag races with saab. So 317hp was dynode with bent rods Now I'm planning to install H-beam rods, K24 turbo. Yesterday the quaife was installed in gearbox.
    Can you post up a project thread, it would be interesting to see. Where abouts are you from?

This user has no status

Thanks
    http://www.drive2.ru/r/volvo/878736/ This is my thread, but its in Russian, I don't think you will understand anything. I'm from Belarus, Minsk city.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buddy-T5 For This Useful Post:

Ettienne (Wednesday 5th August 2015),martin_r_smith (Wednesday 5th August 2015)

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    http://www.drive2.ru/r/volvo/878736/ This is my thread, but its in Russian, I don't think you will understand anything. I'm from Belarus, Minsk city.
    Your not wrong I can't read Russian lol, I can see some thing like 76mm throttle body etc

Good work!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanx, I cant wait till I'll install k24 turbo. I'm planning to have about 360-370 hp, with quaife it should run pretty nice.

Ghost Rider
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Have you had it mapped for the larger MAF and the 350cc injectors ?

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

This user has no status

Thanks
    No, didn't do anything with the chip. That's why I'm saying that I can gain a bit more power.

Ghost Rider
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    No, didn't do anything with the chip. That's why I'm saying that I can gain a bit more power.
    Ooooohh.

The standard ecu is mapped for the standard MAF which gives at 4.9v 826 kg/hr with standard injectors which are 315cc with a injector constant of 1.0

So if you are running a 960 MAF which gives at 4.9v 1107 kg/hr and the 350cc injectors having a injecctor constant of 0.906

I'm running a M4.4 ecu mapped for 3.25" MAF which at 4.9v gives 1603 kg/hr and greens which are 440cc with a constant of 0.7735

I had to run drive my car 7 miles when I had a M4.4 ecu problem with a RICA 304 ecu and it idled rough and drove very lean.

So if you haven't mapped for the larger maf and injectors I would question the 317 bhp reading.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Well, the aim was to get 300hp+ on stock turbo and it was achieved. Next step in tuning will be k24 turbo with m4.4 mapped properly.

Thread Information