Join Today
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Unbannable
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Tbh I have to agree with Liam and claymore you do come over as being a bit arogent

Beer Baron
    Nice to have some power again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
    Obviously as you are not writing the post you do not know how i feel about what i write .........so also obviously you don`t know the explanation of the exclamation mark?

Firstly, i know exactly what an exclamation mark means, but i wasn't sure if you did. That is why i was asking.
    Because of your often usage of the exclamation mark, It makes it sound that you are getting angry. This is not a good way to debate.
    From your answer, am i to infer that this is correct? Do you have some sort of personality issue that means you can't have a debate with someone who disagrees with you without shouting?

Do you not realise that the way you come across is very "i'm right and your wrong"? I see many people on here give their opinions without resorting to the responses (in terms of the way they come across) that you do. From where we are, it seems as though you are the one that seems to think other members know nothing.

This comment "Don`t forget boost in psi is NOT air speed." i do not understand??? Who actually thinks that??
    Last edited by LiamT4; Sunday 2nd August 2015 at 20:32.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    So, let me get this right, David Vizard says shorter runners for higher revs, strange that, as that's what I said in post 2, then 960kg jumped in with his convoluted post to tell me I was wrong?
    "The general rule is that you should begin with a runner length of 17.8 cm for a 10,000 rpm peak torque location, from the intake opening to the plenum chamber. You add 4.3 cm to the runner length for every 1000 rpm that you want the peak torque to occur before the 10,000 rpm."

Thats what that seems to state, yes.
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you don't know if they're real or not" - Abraham Lincoln

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamT4 View Post
    Firstly, i know exactly what an exclamation mark means, but i wasn't sure if you did. That is why i was asking.
    Because of your often usage of the exclamation mark, It makes it sound that you are getting angry. This is not a good way to debate.
    From your answer, am i to infer that this is correct? Do you have some sort of personality issue that means you can't have a debate with someone who disagrees with you without shouting?

Do you not realise that the way you come across is very "i'm right and your wrong"? I see many people on here give their opinions without resorting to the responses (in terms of the way they come across) that you do. From where we are, it seems as though you are the one that seems to think other members know nothing.

This comment "Don`t forget boost in psi is NOT air speed." i do not understand??? Who actually thinks that??
    Why should I be angry?......I know what I know how a lot of others learnt, I am no different.
    The main thing I do not like rudeness or abuse from others and as soon as they make the first move then I will follow.
    My post are all politely relevent until the first one pulls it to bits and my posts are for the op'S information and not for abusing by others ......they are my opinions only.

"The general rule is that you should begin with a runner length of 17.8 cm for a 10,000 rpm peak torque location, from the intake opening to the plenum chamber. You add 4.3 cm to the runner length for every 1000 rpm that you want the peak torque to occur before the 10,000 rpm."

Thats what that seems to state, yes.
    If one reads properly what is written in some of the links you will then understand that the results the runner length gives is dependant also on the engine package.....what type of engine and what type of cams and design of combustion chamber......nothing is Gospel!

Even the design of cam and it's timings will give higher revs whatever the length of runner.

......and so the saga will go on and on and the best thing is to read oneself all the info on the net about the subject and then there will be no more questions.

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

Ghost Rider
    If I want your opinion, I'll
    ask you to fill out the
    necessary forms
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,186 Posts
    I wish I'd not started my plenum chamber thread on here and just put it facebook as all it caused is a load of aggro.

1996 850 T5 AWD - Self tuned M4.4 ECU with COP`s, B5254T ( S60R internals in a 850 block ) ostrich 2.0 , VXR injectors @ 3.8 bar, K24 turbo with a 6+6 compressor wheel, 3.25" MAF, top mounted Dump Valve, RN Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe with 200 cell cat, 2.75" Stainless exhaust, Brembo calipers, S60R brake discs, stainless RIP kit, 3" Throttle body,

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oblark For This Useful Post:

martin_r_smith (Monday 3rd August 2015),Nealevo (Monday 3rd August 2015)

Whiny Old Git
    Aching bones :(
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,999 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oblark View Post
    I wish I'd not started my plenum chamber thread on here and just put it facebook as all it caused is a load of aggro.
    I think nearly everyone is loving your manifold build mate. but you always get some keyboard warrior who knows better but doesn't show any of his own build threads or modifications.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

Ettienne (Sunday 2nd August 2015),kmb (Monday 3rd August 2015),martin_r_smith (Monday 3rd August 2015),MoleT-5R (Monday 3rd August 2015),Nealevo (Monday 3rd August 2015)

855r 6sp lives
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 790 Posts
    I think nearly everyone is loving your manifold build mate. but you always get some keyboard warrior who knows better but doesn't show any of his own build threads or modifications.
    Isn't that always the truth!

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Why should I be angry?......I know what I know how a lot of others learnt, I am no different.
    The main thing I do not like rudeness or abuse from others and as soon as they make the first move then I will follow.
    My post are all politely relevent until the first one pulls it to bits and my posts are for the op'S information and not for abusing by others ......they are my opinions only.
    I don't know why or if your getting angry, and i don't really care either, i'm just pointing out how you're coming across.

Often it just seems as though you may as well go the whole way AND START TYPING EVERYTHING WITH THE CAPS LOCK ON!

This user has no status

Thanks
    I don't know why or if your getting angry, and i don't really care either, i'm just pointing out how you're coming across.

Often it just seems as though you may as well go the whole way AND START TYPING EVERYTHING WITH THE CAPS LOCK ON!
    Life is TOUGH on a forum isn't......... get over it!

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
    Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

Beer Baron
    Thanks
    Life is TOUGH on a forum isn't......... get over it!
    Please, keep going, i find your responses quite amusing because its only proving my point.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LiamT4 For This Useful Post:

claymore (Tuesday 4th August 2015)

This user has no status

Thanks
    If this is for the 16vt in the 240 the space available will be the main deciding factor for the shape of the thing. Also are you placing the throttle body on the short end near the thermostat or in the middle of the plenum like the stock one. Routing the intercooler to throttle body pipe is a lot easier with the tb ner the thermostat. kg trimning do inlet manifolds, copy one of theirs.

Keeping it looking stock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Last edited by Harvey; Saturday 22nd August 2015 at 15:31.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harvey For This Useful Post:

craigoodwood (Saturday 22nd August 2015),Doingitsideways (Wednesday 23rd September 2015)

Trader
    just volvos
    Thanks
    Any progress?

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
    Any progress?
    It will be winter time when I start building it as I need to order pistons and rods first and get the engine and head sat in place vertically so I know how much room ive got to play with.
    The plan of attack will making it out of 4mm sheet alloy rolled and then taper it down to the last port

Whiny Old Git
    Thanks
    4mm blimey, I was going to use 3mm for mine.
    PIC][/SIGPIC]

Facebook^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Old T-5 Kompressor Thread^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ New TT-10 Kompressor Thread

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    4mm blimey, I was going to use 3mm for mine.
    If it's worth doing its worth doing right ive read a few things about thin metal ballooning causing the welds to crack also the more rounded the better

21. The Following User Says Thank You to t5 pete For This Useful Post:

claymore (Thursday 24th September 2015)

All the ladies love it
    sideways!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    I've just made a mess in me boxers.

This user has no status

Thanks
    For what it's worth here is a link to some photos of one of my projects, it's a Formula Atlantic 1.6 litre Toyota 4A-GE race motor converted from wild N/A to fairly wild turbo charged. The plenum was made from a band sawed up alloy fire extinguisher bottle,and the manifold is the original for twin side draught Webers. It runs a single Jenvey throttle body. The injector stubs were welded into the carburettor style manifold pointing at the backs of the intake valves. Fire extinguisher bottles make a cheap and easy to weld starting point for plenums. It has full radius bell mouths on each intake within the plenum

Turbo is a GT2860, on a custom Inconel manifold.

http://www.chriswilson.tv/4AGEbuild/build.html

Whiny Old Git
    Thanks
    Mine all done.

PIC][/SIGPIC]

25. The Following User Says Thank You to claymore For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Friday 1st January 2016)

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Here's what I've got just got to wait for block and head coming back then I can make the engine mounts and get on with the manifolds.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to t5 pete For This Useful Post:

claymore (Friday 1st January 2016),craigoodwood (Friday 1st January 2016),Jamest5r (Friday 1st January 2016)

Thread Information